Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 3G Driver and Dial software in windows XP

sundan820920

3G Driver and Dial software in windows XP

Finally i got a software for 3G dial, which is Acer D150 option 3g driver, the link as follow:

http://drivers.mydrivers.com/download/389-155837-Acer-Aspire-ONE-D150-Option-3G-5.0.12.0-/

now my nokia booklet is pefectly work on windows xp, only problem is the brightness control and power mananger, but it is not a problem, it doesnt effect anything. 

the link is in Chinese, so if you cannot read, just google acer D150 option 3G search the driver. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi sundan820920,

Welcome to the Nokia discussion boards!

Do you have a technical issue that you need help with?

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
sundan820920

sure, i need windows xp drivers for nokia booklet 3g, nokia booklet is NOT enough to run on windows7, even windows7 starter
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Have you checked the Acer website for drivers on the support section here?

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
sundan820920

[ Edited ]

Hello, I tried on my nokia booklet 3g, and it works on it with windows xp, my nokia booklet now run on windows xp perfectly.  i think nokia is so stupid to let nokia booklet 3g run on windows7, and it is not a SSD hard drive, how can such a weak netbook can run windows7, the only point i bought it is the battery can run 12 hours, but still , it only 7-8 hours between, so nothing special. 

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

The life of the battery is dependant on the amount of use. 

Nokia 3G booklet  is reccommended to run Windows 7 starter software. The poor performance could be caused by having harmful bugs on your laptop or running too many demanding applications at the same time.

I suggest using alt + ctrl + del to view the background processes and close any software that is using high amounts memory.

Batteries lose charge capacity over time and usually last around 2 years of frequent use. If you battery is no longer performing as it was when brand new, I suggest purchasing a new battery.

I hope this helps!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
GVA_SFO

@Sheldrick,

Well, very hard to understand that Nokia do not admit that running ANY versions of W7, including "Starter" on a machine limited to 1Gb of memory, with a "slow" entry level processor is a BIG problem. I understand that the source of that Problem is not Nokia, but Microsoft, that did imposed to manufacturers (i.e.: Nokia) to have SOLDERED memory, in order deliver a W7 starter edition license at a low price. I understood also, that beside Locking memory size, Microsoft also imposed low screen resolution, still for the same reason.

So, the real culprit is not Nokia, ..but Microsoft, with these simply stupid rules, that in my opinion (if this is true), is really nothing else than self shooting on both of their legs !

(Showing that W7 is too slow, killing the upgrades to other versions of W7, and frustrating people.)

This leave the only choice to NOT run W7 with this great machine, but for example going back to XP, (to not say Linux !) which, as everyone wrote already here, is much slimmer in memory demand.

This been said, Why Nokia is not helping us with support to get XP running in this great machine ?

While I'm at this level, one other Major (design) Problem that I would like to mention here is why, Nokia that is a phone company, did not enable (by design) the use of the voice channel with the Booklet ? (i.e.: to get the connectivity, you have to have a GSM chip), ..but you have no way to use the voice, that would be so great to do, i.e.:  taking profit of the great battery power for long communication with the Booklet, or simply, have a back -up of your cell phone !)

One that knows cell phones should remember that most of the use of SMS (Social Hub), could lead to answers that would be received as Phone calls (who knows out there that a "machine that can send SMS but cannot receive calls do exist ??) or, at least, let the "answer back number" of "Social Hub", being the one of your cell phone, ..instead of the one of your Booklet ??????!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
diggerrobert

what driver did you use to get the get the wifi to work?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

diggerrobert wrote:

what driver did you use to get the get the wifi to work?

Check your PM = Personal Messages at top right of screen.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.