Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: AD42-W: Nokia BT Audio Adapter AD 42 W. Need i...

Sage
zopfan
Accepted Solution

AD42-W: Nokia BT Audio Adapter AD 42 W. Need it!

[ Edited ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me where/how to get Nokia Bluetooth Audio Adapter AD42W.

I've already tried/searched through Google.

Thanks in adv.

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: AD42-W: Nokia BT Audio Adapter AD 42 W. Need it!

[ Edited ]

That product was discontinued several years ago so your only hope is probably finding a used one on ebay, for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-AD-42W-Stereo-Audio-Gateway-/270852106539?pt=UK_Audio_Docks_Speakers...

Have you looked at the new MD-310 instead? It allows you to play music from your phone through a stereo system via bluetooth:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/entertainment/home-audio/nokia-wireless-music-rece...

Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

Thanks a lot for your informative reply.

Regarding your first web page link: I'll try to  procure it from Ebay UK (I live in India).

Regarding your 2nd page link: This device can only receive music over Bluetooth and then play in the attached device, while the device I'm trying to procure, i.e.. AD42W, can receive AS WELL AS SEND stereo audio over Bluetooth channels.

That is, in addition to the function of MD-310, it can also catch the music from the physically connected device and send it to the another device over Bluetooth.

GREAT PRODUCT FROM NOKIA. Don't know why was discontinued.

Thanks buddy. Nokia discussions is great place because of people like Physchomania.

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
randomrod

I have this very product.

I'm sure it was already discontinued when I got it.

The distributor still has it in stock I think.

www.nocoo.co.uk

Check them out.

The AD42-W should cost about £55

Hope this was helpful?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
randomrod

[ Edited ]

It's still there just under £60

Make sure you search for it under "AD-42W bluetooth stereo gateway"

Please use plain text.