Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

BH-505 Problem

Registered Member
r0adrunn3r

BH-505 Problem

I have an issue with the way the BH-505 is advertised on the Nokia website. From the specifications section of the product.

http://www.nokia.com.au/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-headsets/nokia-...

reliability
This robust headset received a high IP rating of 54* for sweat and splash resistance, making it the perfect companion for all your outdoor activities. *International Protection ratings classify the degree of protection provided against the intrusion of matters in electrical enclosures

reliability

This robust headset received a high IP rating of 54* for sweat and splash resistance, making it the perfect companion for all your outdoor activities. *International Protection ratings classify the degree of protection provided against the intrusion of matters in electrical enclosures

The manual that comes with it says:

Keep the device dry. Precipitation, humidity, all all types of liquids or moisture can contain minerals that will corrode electronic circuits.

The reason I bring it up is to warn others not to buy one for running. Mine got some sweat into one of the speakers and it stopped working altogether...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tony2000

Re: BH-505 Problem

yes, i also bought it for running as it claims to be water resistant.  After one run, it stopped working.  v. disappointed!!!!  i won't be buying anymore nokia products again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MinkuSingh

I also bought the Nokia Bh-505 head phones for running.....reading that they are sweat resistant. Stopped working after one run exchanged for another pair..The new pair also stopped working after one run.

DONOT recommend to buy these head phones for running, walking or active sports as stated by Nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bungee28

I have the same problem with the above owners. My Nokia BH-505 headset stopped working after just 1 jog. Definitely not sweat-proof. I'm terribly upset by the false marketing and advertising put forth by Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
franzsalvador

I bought the same headset as you all guys, same problem, after running and wet with sweat, it does malfunction. I dried it once and was able to restore the functions in 2 days (I assume the circuits have dried up), but for the second time, it goes haywire again. I lost my receipt unfortunately and Nokia refuses to replace it. I only stumbled on this forum, and I think i would be able to take action on small claims court as we all have the same problem.

It does not stop working. The bluetooth connection with the phone is OK but

1. Power buttons stopped working. It's impossible to power off the device

2. Volume, Play and pause, fast forward and rewind buttons all stopped working

and this is the worst...

3. It places calls by itself! (Or activates the voice control)

I'm hoping to dry it up on a zip lock bag with silica gel, hoping to get the excess moisture, but definetly the sweatproof claim is absurd. I read the same thing on its box and I was enticed to buy because of splashproof capabilities

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zhelev

Same problem here. I went jogging - 15 min. later the headset started switching the songs one after the other. I wouldn't break my training so I tried to ignore it but soon the headset started activating the voice control by itself and/or dialing people from my contacts. I tried to stop it but it would not happen. What's even more annoying I had the same problem later on a plane flying home: 'Please switch off your electronic devices ....' - if you can! This was not exactly amusing to me, the crew or to any other of the passangers. Currently the volume and dial buttons are not working and I haven't used the headset for more than a week - should be dry by now. I would return the headset immediately if I had not made the mistake to buy it while on a vacation(the plane story above). I've owned BH-501 and BH-503(sits strange on the head but has nice sound) and was pretty satisfied, I've been a long time Nokia user. So if you still decide to stay by Nokia and buy a headset go for the old ones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KennethWan

[ Edited ]

Hi Franz,

You're not alone, I'm having the exact same problem after using it to jog for second time...      :smileymad:

Rgds

Kenneth

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
agbanfi

I have the same problem and I read on internet that the Motorola S9 are not better.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suyee20

[ Edited ]

@franzsalvador

@franzsalvador

@franzsalvador

Your problem is exactly what I face now. I was use it to jog around yesterday morning and yes I was sweating and I guess some water go in to one of the speaker.

@franzsalvador

Your problem is exactly what I face now. I was use it to jog around yesterday morning and yes I was sweating and I guess some water go in to one of the speaker.

After I go through the user guide and do a Hard Reset where Hold the Power Key and Plug in the Power Adapter. It do successfully swicth it off.

@franzsalvador

After I go through the user guide and do a Hard Reset where Hold the Power Key and Plug in the Power Adapter. It do successfully swicth it off.

Anyway, I cant on it back now.......:smileysad:

@franzsalvador

Anyway, I cant on it back now.......:smileysad:

May be I wait for 2 days, if it really still can. I think need to send to warranty claim.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shoaibzahid

Dear All,

I have bought this headset for jim. Unfortunately, after the use of only one month it had sudddenly stopped working. Suspecting a weak battery, I rechanged it for two hours but it only showws a red blinking light. After I removed it from the power source and tried to switched on, it didn't work. Again I recharged it for a whole night but the result are the same. I don't know whether nokia people can look into this problem or I should throw it into the dustbin. Alas it was not worthy of its price.

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BH505sucks

Guys, the fact of the matter is the BH 505 is not sweat proof and I thought sweat is less of a problem compared with splash that Nokia claim the head set is supposed to resist!

A case of total misrepresentation!

I bought the head set in July for jogging (preparing for the StandChart run) and I have gone through 3 BH505 already.  I have not been able to get more than two jog out of each set.  Nokia had exchange the faulty set with a new set each time but the amount of trouble I have gone through to have the set exchanged was simply a joke.  On one of the occasion, I took the faulty set to customer care, waited for an hour before it is my turn, a further half an hour for them to check and then came back to tell me that they have no stock to do the exchange.  The joke is they have 6 sets on display in their shop right next door but the customer care said those are for sale to new customers and I have to wait for the replacement set for existing customers (who had faith in Nokia to buy their products already)!  The pain did not stop there, I had to wait till 2nd week in December before I received my replacement set.........................  I've done my StandChart run already!

And of course, the replacement set malfunctioned after two jogs.

Not performing according to their marketing claim (the box which I still keep have one of the key features as "lightweight, splash resistant, wireless neckband headset" and also "Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-505 is a lightweight, splash and sweat resistant headset perfect for active sport use.") is bad enough already for a brand like Nokia who used to command huge followings which I was one of them.  The customer services really is not helping to save the already sick Nokia image.  The customer care staff are very good at saying:

1. Sorry, very sorry.................. don't really help.

2. It is not Nokia's policy to.............. when suggested a sensible way to resolve the issue.

3. We will treat your case as top priority.............waited two months to get a replacement set.

Would I buy a Nokia product again?  I suppose even if I stay loyal to Nokia, they wouldn't be around for that much longer with their sorry product and customer service quality.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
axai

dear frens,

even i had a nokia BH-505 headset gifted to me....unfortunately without a bill or anythin in a giftbox this xmas...i read bout it on the net and it said its sweatproof n splash proof....iused it for awalk from the college to home n no sound in the next moment....i tout it was the was the swea like u folks did....BUT ITS NOT..do not discard ur headsets...its just over charge that causes this problem...its onli to be done for 20 mins.....over charging will causeserious malfunctionin like non responsive buttons,haywire call button,non responsive volume n play/pause keys....

This is the FIRST AID SELF DIAGNOSIS...try it for a day...if no results give it back on ur warranty basis for a new one...

heres the solution...

1>--connect the headset to charger and hold power button and then switch on the charger[this is the hard reset for BH-505]Do not leave the key indicator turns green n blue flashes(with red light still on since charging mode)

2>--now disconnect the charger from headset and pair it to ur phone,any bluetooth phone..yes...it pairs!!!!but its not yet done...

3>--now play any song till the battery totally drains or for some 4 to 6 hours....

now as time passes since connecting ul notice some keys getting back to normal...thats it....!!!!!!!

And One main thing folks...Please if u care for your money...DO NOT USE SUCH EXPENSIVE ACCESSORIES for joggin,etc...NO ELECTRONIC GADGET IS TOTALLY SPLASH OR SWEAT PROOF.....use a good cony in the ear head sets....usually come with very long wires...HOPE it works for u ...coz it did for me...

-AXAI,

Please use plain text.
onlyol

Ive had the same problem with the headphones failing due sweating. But I have resolved the problem a number of times now. 

1. Leave to dry in warm/dry place ( room temp, not extreme temps) for a couple of days depending on how wet they become. 

2. See if it works? If not, try hard reset as described above (plug in charger, while pressing 'on' button).

3. See if it connects again? If not I sometimes get a rapid flashing blue light, which means you need to re-do the pairing process. If so, delete the old pairing profile on you phone/computer first, then re-pair. 

These steps have fixed my headset 3 or 4 times now. 

They are not great if you want to use them when you sweat, but I still use mine when I'm training and they work ok if you wear a sweat band to stop them touching your head directly. Only thing is you look like a bit of a tool!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

[ Edited ]

The product design looks good, sounded good with EQ on it, I use audio player with eq platinum on android. You get all the clarity with these BH-505.

But I have to warn it spoils in 10 days of usage. I can’t get these bloody thing to power up. And i have to sent to Nokia for repair.

I think this the last Nokia product I will buy.

Moderator's Note: We have edited your post. Please refrain from using inappropriate words for us to maintain a friendly environment on this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

I just got back from Nokia Customer Care centre and they gave me a new pair of BH-505. Ok let see how long the new set can last me. Once it's faulty again I'll come back and reply here.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

After just only 3 days of use, the headset die, can't reset it. These is the second new set. Don't buy the headset guys. Looks like I'm going to get Nokia to replace me 100s of the headset. I'm at the losing side here.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
engineersunit

Hi All,

I had bought Nokia Bluetooth headset BH-505, yesterday. Today, when I wore it for a biking session, after 30 mins of use, it started to unpair from my Nokia 5233 sporadically and after 10 mins it shut itself down. Now, it is not switching on. 
I am considering going down to the nokia Priority centre and getting it replaced. 
Please suggest, what could have been wrong!
--- engineersunit

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

This set BH-505 certainly got lots of issues confrim, I've gone thru 4 new sets and all got the same problem. I will keep on changing untill Nokia Loses

Please use plain text.
AussieN8Fan

Surprise.  I too have had the headset stop working.  I just got off the phone with support who told me to take this to the care centre. 

Then as I am explaining to my son how it wont charge, I plug it in an it starts to charge again!

Well it was somewhat of a relief but reading all of your messages i see that it is a sweat problem.  If it happens again i will have to just let it dry.

I bought the BH505 becasue my BH214 is great but when running i am constantly plugging these back into my ears.  At least with this headset it stays in your ears.

I hope Nokia can improve on this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

You'll be in for a surprise, even if the headset not getting wet from ur sweat it will still go faulty. It's my 5th set now......I think there's something wrong with the electronics
Please use plain text.