Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

BH-505 Problem

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: BH-505 Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi niksus,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

This forum is a user to user support forum. If your require direct support from Nokia I suggest you either visit a Nokia Care Point or contact Nokia Care Line by phone, mail or chat through this link.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

niksus, you see how easy it is to make attention on their mods to reply and make notice. I just need to condamn their brand and quickly the mods responded. All you guys need to do is condamn them. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ben_disgusted

[ Edited ]

i bought one on the 16th Jun2012.  After 3 jogging sessions (half an hour each session), the headset went haywire.  Buttons cannot work and cannot turn off.  Got a replace set on the 24th June.  After one jogging session, same symptom happen.  Cannot believe it.  Just got back from CareCentre and they said got no stock.  

Moderators notes: off topic remarks removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ben_disgusted

Bought a BH-505 on the 17th June.  Not woking after 5 days.  Got a replacement on the 7th day.  Not working again after 2 days.  Got a replacement on the 2nd Jul.  Not working again on the 5th........what is going on ?  Do i need to keep getting a replacement every week ?  Is very frustrating

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabf2f225

Plastic cracking multiple places on right ear frame

I have a different problem. 

I have had the bh-505 for about 1.5 years. Occasionally it loses synch with my iPod but I have always recovered by starting the 'find' and 'pair' process over again.

BUT

In the time I have used it the right frame above the earbud has cracked in three separate places. It is now at the point where I may not be able to glue it together again. (crazy glue used to work). 

This is all the more peculiar since I do not use the right hand side controls since I do not use the phone functions.

Has anyone else encountered this annoying problem? 

Has anyone else found a satisfactory solution?

Thanks

Barry

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
starbuck67

i totally agree after a while (quicker with more physical activity) they will fail. I am on my second set and they just failed, I will not be getting another now looking at other wireless headset options.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ben_disgusted

Thank GOD they finally decided to refund me - after 4 replacement in less than a month.  Whew...... I am surprise NOKIA didn't take all these feedback seriously and verify.   As a large corp, i think u have a duty to sell reliable product to public.  Can u imagine how inconvenience it was for me to go down 4 times in less than 4 weeks to get the replacements ?  Please remove this model from the market if the review is so bad.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maxwayne12

My 7 months old Nokia BH-505 has already been replaced one. Now when it has no warranty , another problem has crept up. After getting fully charged, my headset is refusing to turn on. I've tried hard reset and draining its battery by keeping uncharged for couple of days. Nothing seems to work. When I took it to Nokia Care Centre, they refused to have a look at it by giving the explanation that it is not under warranty and accesssories are only replaced not repaired. I am very frustrated at Nokia for providing such pathetic service. This is my last resort to get a solution to fix this issue. So, please give me some suggestions to solve this issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gstr

Sad. My 2 days old Nokia BH-505 has exactly the same issue after 1h on my bike. Can't turn it off, other buttons work well.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gstr

3 minutes hairdrier therapy solved the problem. Until next workout... Hope not.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrock12

Wish I would have seen this sooner, I jogged with mine on now there unresponsive, I have to say, legally I wish there was something someone could do to bring this to there attention for the price there charging for these. Splash proof is lie and ill never buy a Nokia product again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrock12

The hair drier idea seems to be working for those of you looking for solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yurihk

I also have the same expeiemce with my third replacement. Sadly, the purchase date is just tenth of September this yea. O do think keep replacing is not an option for me. My old motorola headset is just working well after two years. No way should a company produce such faulty headset model for the market. It is totally a disaster for users and Nokia. Product recall is a must as you notice the problem is common and keeps annoying users.

I will send my third bh505 to service center, which is an hour away from my home, tomorrow. Let see how long time can the fourth last. Probably two days give or take, my bet.

Do not buy this model for gym, hiking, cycling.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

I've already stop buying any product from Nokia.....Goodbye Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vadivelhtl

Im also having the same problem. Couple of days ago Power button malfunctioning & Volume, Play and pause, fast forward and rewind buttons were stopped working with in a single month of purchase....:smileymad:

I did reset, re-pairing with other device but there is no change in it resulting baaaadddddddd xperiance:smileyvery-happy:

Hey guys please don't buy this damn good device whatever come through Nokia and also the customer service is very very worst. "Name is customer care but there is no CARE at all"  damn good device(BH-505):thumbdown:

Im really disappointed by this Q3 of 2012 that, i've lost RS.3650/- from my pocket really and there is no worth for it.

Please don't suggest others to buy nokia BH-505..!

:thumbdown::thumbdown::cursing::cursing::smileymad::smileymad::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Please use plain text.
unsatisfied123

I bought a BH 505 for running, was fooled by the advert that said, 'sweat & splash resistant'. used it once only and the buttons won't work.  waited 3 months for nokia to repair before they finally replaced it with a new one.  used it for few more times and the same problems arised, plus, i couldnt even turn it off until it ran out of battery.  

very dissappointed with the nokia product.  it is not cheap & has got a reputable brand...but the performance is worst than a 'free' unbranded device that my son got from a supermarket purchase!  Will not buy any nokia products again.

Please use plain text.
MacGyverIta

Yet another unhappy customer. I have had the sweat issue this summer and never used them again. I am going to use the warranty on Monday, and will see how well or bad Nokia behaves. I bought sweat/splash resistant earpieces and I won't accept the same model once again as warranty.

Then I will decide if advicing Nokia to friends and family or to discourage them from ever buying Nokia again.

Very disappointed, though.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maguie85g

Thanks so much, it worked!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lauro_sa

I have the same problem: after 2 jogs it stopped and doesn't turn on anymore.

I really would like to have a solution from Nokia Support.

Please use plain text.
narendra3003

I also purchase nokia bh505 after one running I got same prob. Then I submitted this at nokia care nokia replce me this...
After that new replaced headset stopped working 2 or 3 running...
I asked to nokia care online for refund but thed told me there are mo refund policy...
After that I said nokia to change me this product to another product like nokia bh 221 or nokia bh111...
Hahahaha
But they answered me there are also no policy for change the product....
What's **bleep**of service of nokia...
In 6 months warrenty, I think 4 months nokia use this product...
I never advice to purchase nokia product to anybody
Nokia has fraud policy only....
Nokia is fraud...
This is my detail if any nokia officer is reading this...
I called 15-18times nokia to take my prob.
But they have no solution...
I want to know...
How many time nokia will replace my nokia bh505..??
Why does nokia change my nokia bh505 to another bh221 or nokia 111....???
Why?????
Anybody have ans.???
Narendra kumar sharma
From aligarh(UP)
Complain nor.
1-13764389779
Please use plain text.