Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Battery - Check its an original!

Sage
talj

Battery - Check its an original!

[ Edited ]
Hey,

I have seen many many posts complaining about a veryshort battery life span. Either its the way the phone works, the battery is faulty, or the battery is fake.

To make sure you buy an Original Nokia Device, always buy from a trustworthy shop!

Checking if you battery is original:

Nokia always recommends the use of original Nokia batteries with Nokia phones to ensure safety, performance, and warranty coverage.

To make it easier to identify original Nokia batteries, as of late 2004 we've started adding a coded hologram to them. Please note that during the transition phase, many original Nokia batteries available on the market will not have this hologram.

You can check this out on Nokia's site, they have a lot of info there that lets you verify the battery:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144893

Check the Hologram and Code

When looking at the hologram label, you should see the Nokia connecting hands symbol from one angle and the Nokia Original Enhancements logo from another angle.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144894

(I wrote this...) The code is not that important, once you know your battery is an original you can say **bleep**..the phone uses alot of energy from the battery..so its only gona last for a few days **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**!.

Its not that bad...when I go to sleep and my battery symbol is low..just train that little muscle in the finger and plug the phone to the charger. :smileyhappy:

VERY IMPORTANT! IF THE BATTERY IS A FAKE, STOP USING THE PHONE IMMEDIATLY AND CONTACT A NOKIA SERVICE CENTER IMMEDIATLY. THIS BECOMES A LEGAL ISSUE. NOKA APPRECIATES AND WILL GO FULLY LEGAL WITH THE ISSUE.

FAKE BATTERIES CAN DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE, BADLEY. THE WAARANTY OF THE PHONE IS GONE. IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR PHONE WITH A FAKE BATERY..YOU MIGHT BE OK.

It's important to use Nokia original batteries for your own safety and peace of mind. All Nokia original batteries are designed and manufactured based on stringent safety and quality requirements.

Another good reason to use Nokia original batteries is that they adhere to very strict requirements when it comes to the materials and insulation used. For example, the Nokia original batteries are equipped with correctly designed safety vents and thermal safety components.

What's more, all Nokia original batteries come with a proper warranty, so you can always come back to us should you have any questions. So remember, use only Nokia original batteries to stay safe and enjoy more peace of mind.

About the Logo Testing, its a little hard to see the Hands, and the Dots on the battery. Dont do this with a bright light, just a dim area is ok. (window light is great). Take it easy if you panick and think its a fake..get to the service center and discover its not a fake..youll look like an idiot.

Good Luck,

Tal

Message Edited by karim on 04-Jul-2006
11:36 AM

I own a 5210, 5140 and now..the new 3250. Symbian 60 Series OS 3.0 ..just the best.
Please use plain text.