Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Booklet 3G Tap to Wake

Contributor

Booklet 3G Tap to Wake

I can not get the tap to wake feature to turn on the computer from sleep. I have reinstalled the drivers from the support page, and no difference. Has anyone got this to work?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi,

Working fine here. Have you checked that this feature is actually enabled? You can check this from Device Manager > System devices > HDD Protection – Shock Event Driver > Tap settings.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

working here too.

i ususally just make it sleep if it will be longer then 20 minutes..  it wakes very fast.

but the tap to wake works fine if left on my desk.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

I had to find the sweet spot on where to hit the case, just slightly to the right of the pad and at a certain strength. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

awesome.  glad to hear.  thanks for the kudos.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Employee
milesr

You can also try double-tapping to wake - don't need to use as much force then. The force and timing involved is quite similar to that used for double-tap on recent Nokia phones (for example, to display the clock when sleeping). The accelerometer inside the case is also used for hard disk protection (say, when you drop your Booklet). Hope this helps. - Miles.

--
I work for Nokia, but all opinions posted here are my own. I'm not providing official support, just trying to help out where I can.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i also cant seem to get it wake up on 2 taps. where is the accelerometer located? my booklet sits on my padded leather desk pad so i wouldnt be suprised if that muted the impact of my taps. 
Please use plain text.
Employee
milesr

The desk pad might make a difference. I'm not sure about the exact location, but taps tend to work from anywhere on the Booklet. A double-tap seems to work best if timed like a double-click (ie two taps less than a second apart). That's true of both Nokia phones and the Booklet. More of a tap-tap than a knock-knock! Good luck, hope this helps. - Miles.
--
I work for Nokia, but all opinions posted here are my own. I'm not providing official support, just trying to help out where I can.
Please use plain text.