Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cark 91 Converter CA-55 -does it work fully?

Mobile Guru

15-Dec-2005
05:33 PM
springeruk wrote:
Hi all,

Had a reply from Nokia which states (below is a quote from the email;

> Thank you for contacting Nokia Helpline.
>
> With regard to your email concerning your Nokia 6680 and CR-27, we can advise
> that the CR-27 is a holder only and does not charge the handset.
>
> Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Nokia Service Professional
> UK & Ireland Team
> Nokia Helpline

I found this very disappointing as it directly contradicts the information on their website in th FAQ section.

See:
http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,74744,00.html

Not really sure where I go from here and as yet (six days later) I haven't had a response from Nokia to my reply to this email. Understandably the supplier won't take back a opened and fitted piece of kit as it's not their fault and Nokia are not saying the equipment is faulty.

I think anyone considering this solution (CARK-91, CA-55, CR-27, 6680) should go in with their eyes open to the fact that it (for me) provides hands free and radio muting functionality but not charging despite what Nokia say on their web site.

Message Edited by springeruk on 15-Dec-2005
05:37 PM

i think this post on this thread neatly asnwers your query
Please use plain text.

Yes,thanks that answers it nicely. Very unsatisfactory though isn't it?. I think I know where I go from here - back to the people who sold it to me to get a refund. The CA-55/CR-27 combination is clearly not fit for purpose and shouldn't be on the market. In all such cases,consumer law is very clear. Your contract is with whoever you buy from, not with their supplier (Nokia in this case). Having said that, I'm sure my supplier won't agree and I'll have a fight on my hands.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

i dont think there is a great need to be aggressive. nokia doesnt market the ca-55 in combination with any other device, it just says here is a cable that will offer you limited functionaltiy with your existing cark-91 or cark-109 car kit.

personally, i wouldnt have bothered buying it, i would have just bought a ck-7w or something and keep up with the times.
Please use plain text.

Point taken. I don't intend to aggressive, just polite but firm is my intention. This has clearly been mis-sold by my supplier they advertise the CA-55 as: "allows you to update the Nokia Advanced Car Kit CARK-91 to work with compatible Pop-Port equipped phones". They then go on to refer you to a compatibility chart that has the 6680 on it and the appropriate cradle (CR-27). Nowhere does it mention any limitations on functionality. Added to that, when I asked them about the charging problem, they didn't mention any compatibility issues but said the phone must be faulty. I agree with you, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have spent £80 on something that only does half the job. The only reason I did was I was seduced by the advertising.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

where is this year number located
i have a cark 91 a cr27 holder and a ca-55 cable works fine and charges the 6680, i have fitted the same setup into a freinds car he has a n70 that works fineand charges the phone, just fitted the same system into my second carcark91,ca-55 cr27, same phone DON'NT work can nokia explain this away
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
No this does not work as I have just purchased the ca55 along with a CR-43 it clearly states that it charges the phone as well its cost me alot in tel phone calls and the product so far!By the way this for a 6280 and I have had very little real info as to why this is not as advertised?

Message Edited by alfapat on 11-Sep-2006
09:42 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
the problem is in the hfu-2 unit as i have two of these kits both charging the phone althought the second kit i bought at first would not charge. the numbers on the white label of the kits i have are BL06133361 on one box and the other is LK45133361, you could try contacting the man who finaly sorted mine out as he sells these boxes on ebay.

derek

Message Edited by taxi on 25-Sep-2006
02:31 PM

Edited to remove e-mail address
m_shaharizai

Message Edited by m_shaharizai on 25-Sep-2006
06:34 PM

Please use plain text.