Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

GSM Network request

Contributor
vonJack

GSM Network request

Hi

how to send request to GSM Network to check for example prepaid account amount (code like *100#). Is it possible to use Nokia Social Hub? I want to avoid puting SIM card in phone to check my gsm account validity period I would like to do it in Booklet. thx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
offenmeier

Re: GSM Network request

AFAIK you need to *dial* this thing into the phone, and there's no interface to dial anything into the 3g modem. doesn't your GSM provider have SMS-based requests?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vonJack

Thank you offenmeier for suggestion with sms. Actually I found a solution, software is called Logiccode and it can send USSD code like *121# to request prepaid balance. Ussd request is for free, and then I received sms I have to read with Nokia Social Hub which by the way is a disaster in terms of software, sometimes it displays that modem is powered off or no 3G connection even when connection is established.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
offenmeier

I know, it is very buggy, though I decided to hold on to the Nokia Social Hub for the benefits of possible support (and also it looks quite nice ha ha)

But I'll check the Logicode, thanks a lot. Sometimes it takes my provider a couple of hours to deliver an SMS reply :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.