Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Help - Carkit 112

Help - Carkit 112

Hi all, I'm a new member here, we've just bought a Toyota Avensis estate, it has the 112 handsfree wired in, we haven't a clue as to the passkey, our N95 picks up the handsfree but obviously without being able to pair it we cant get it to work. I've tried just about combination of 4 digit's that I can think of and have read lots of threads which say the code is on a sticker on the 'brain' but we can't find the 'brain', tried following the wire from the speaker, which is under the glove box but to no avail, anyone have any ideas where it might be located, is there a 'normal' location on the Avensis?

Failing location, is there any other way of pairing?

Really appreciate any help and huge thanks in advance

S
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

there is no other way of finding this code, you will hve to find the main junction box and read the last four numbers of the serial number. try looking under the glove box, there is a panel that just clips off, or try behind the carpet of the center tunnel. You could rmove the glove box by removing the screw on the gas strut to the left then just pulling the glove box out, its only heald in by two clips on the bottom. If all else fails you will have to find an engineer. Good lllluck

Danny b
Nokia Accredited Installer

If my answers help you, give me a Kudos. Its like a pat on the back.
Please use plain text.

Hi
According to the Carkit 112 manual you can reset the unit thus:
Switch ignition off, press and hold the button, after about 10 secs the indicator light starts blinking, continue to hold until blinking stops. The car kit is now reset.

As an extra, the original code is the last 4 digits of the serial number. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

resetting the kit will not reset the code number, it will only wipe the paired devices.

Danny b

Please use plain text.

Thanks everyone, I'll send him out with a screwdriver and a torch and make sure I don't let him back in til he's found it :-)
Please use plain text.

big thanks to all, located and sorted!! many thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I'm suffering with the same problem. I can't find the main box to get the serial number. But my car is an E46 BMW 328ci. Any help on locating this box would be much appreciated.

Si

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

Common mounting places for this car are mostly behind the glove box and sometimes behind heater controls.

Danny b

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Cheers Danny. 

Hmmm, well Ive taken the glovebox out and had a little look around out the back of the stereo/heaters and still couldn't see it????? I'll have to take another look....

Anyone got a pic of what I'm actually looking for? How big is it? Does it have NOKIA written across it in big letters?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

The box looks like above. Also try following the cables from the dash, it should be there somewhere.

Danny b

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorted!! Cheers Danny you're THE MAN!

I have emailed this forum asking for the name to be changed to 'Ask Danny B.com'.... LOL

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

Thanks, thats very kind of you, although you could just click the Kudos button.

Danny b

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi - I am having the same problem. I have located the Nokia box below the glove box but can only find the "metal" tag on the box & no detachable sticker. Is the serial number on this as there are a few different numbers thereon. I have tried the last 4 digits of each of these with no success.

Can anyone help please !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

try clearing the memory of the car kit first by holding down the nokia button for 10 second till you hear a bleep. if the serial numbers dont work then try 0000. What phone are you trying to connect because this car kit is old and may not be compatable with new phones.

Dan

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Stanners

I have just bought an E46 BMW with this kit and cannot pair it  to my iPhone.

I haver reset the kit.

The phone recognises the car kit, i.e. if finds carkit 112, but does not ask for the code and fails to pair.

Any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

this will not be compatible with iphone, even if you did manage to connect them it would give bad echo.

Dan

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
4snday

Hi to all
I've got an existing nokia hfu-4 in my van and was wondering for 2 things
Can this become Bluetooth as the only things connected to the main black box is the antenna,power,phone and speaker.there is a extra terminal with the marking of either headset or handset. There is nothing connected to that. And I would like to connect an iPhone to it.
Also does the 112, 100 or 7w connect to the iPhone? It's that I've got my personal phone as a nokia yet the company gave out iPhones and would like to use both handsets on a Bluetooth handsfree car kit.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

[ Edited ]

The missing slot on the HFU-4 is for a slave handset, however since the law has changed, these are only useful for passengers.

The CK-100 will connect to the iPhone, although the existing HFU-4 connections may need changing to enable music streaming. Calls will be ok though.

An alternative would be the CK-200 which uses the same connections as the HFU-4 and will connect two phones at the same time over Bluetooth.

Please use plain text.