Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic + microSDHC cards

Accepted Solution

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic + microSDHC cards

Hello there! I'm happy nokia 5130 xpressmusic user from Lithuania. And I've got some questions about microSDHC cards for nokia 5130. I know that nokia user manuals declarе 5130 Xpressmusic supports only up to 2GB microSd cards but i found different sites on the internet (for example: http://www.mobile88.com/cellphone/Nokia/Nokia-5130-Xpressmusic/specification.asp or http://nokia-5130.narod.ru/phone.html or http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5130_xpressmusic-review-344.php) that reports 5130 can support up to 16GB microSDHC cards, is this true? May I damage my phone by using 8 or 16 GB microSDHC card?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia 5130 XpressMusic + microSDHC cards

it is indeed correct that the 5130 XpressMusic can support microSDHC memory cards. it supports 8GB cards, and theoretically 16GB cards. it will not damage your phone if you use 8GB or 16GB cards.

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

@ adrianhughes, can you please provide proof that the 5130 can accept SDHC cards? I would expect that an entry level model like the 5130 would only support 2GB maximum.

All of the information on the nokia sites and elsewhere contradicts what you are saying. It is also a recent model so the specs on the nokia site are likely to be correct.

This link shows that 2GB is the maximum:

www.forum.nokia.com/devices/5130_XpressMusic 

This link also states that 2GB is the maximum:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5130-xpressmusic/specifications 

Please use plain text.

I bought 4GB "Sandisk" microSDHC card, and it's works perfectly with my phone! But i can't understand why nokia provides information about max 2GB cards? 
Please use plain text.
Professor

This is because officially the 2GB has been tested by Nokia. Your can use whatever you want on your own risk.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That used to be the case with the older models but they've been correct with most newer phones.

The next question is the phone limited to 4GB by firmware like some series 40's are or can it really accept 8GB or greater? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

@psychomania: i've read on some review sites that it does indeed take 8GB cards. and it should take these, and not be limited as Series40 doesn't limit card limits i'm sure. I had a 5610 before and its stated maximum by Nokia was 4GB, and with the early firmware version it had on it (4.81), it still read 8GB cards with no problems. microSD is maximum of 2GB, microSDHC is 4GB cards and above to a theoretical maximum of 32GB, which can still be read (8GB/16GB etc) by any phone that supports the microSDHC standard. whether it displays the correct amount of memory is another issue.

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

besides, think about it. here in Australia i have seen the 5130 advertised as a Comes With Music handset, if it only supported 2GB cards that would be a bit daft wouldn't it? Because the memory card would fast run out of space to store the 12 months of downlods songs that you can obtain from CWM.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5130-en.shtml says they tested 8GB card and it worked just fine.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joesnazz

Hi all

I just purchase myself a 8GB MICRO SD SDHC MEMORY NOKIA 5130 XPRESSMUSIC

for $27.

This is my first time doing an upgrade like that and I hope it'll work for my phone :-)

but i'm guessing I'll run into problem similar to 5610 users here

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suilvenms

I don't believe that this is solved. When I bought my nokia 5130 Xpressmusic, I was refered to a website by the Carphone Warehouse salesman which claimed it was possible to have up to 16GB. So I bought a card off Ebay. It didn't work. I then bought a 4 GB from Dixons and had to get my money back. Annoyingly, I succeeded in dropping the original 1GB memory card somewhere at Manchester airport and so now find myself on the market for a 2GB memory card, the stated maximum on the Nokia website. I would be very interested to learn if I am missing something in the spec of the card. Pls advise.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lordlegend

excuse me bro i am using 4gb card in my 5130 and it is working fine
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CarlosFaria

hi,

I was interested in buying a 16GB MicroSD SDHC for my  Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, but I wonder if I'll have a problem? Advise me?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CarlosFaria

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radks

use 8gb because 16gb cause freezing when capturing image
Please use plain text.