Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 - Bluetooth problems with Alfa Mito (Bl...

Contributor

Nokia 5800 - Bluetooth problems with Alfa Mito (Blue and Me)

Hi,

I have a nokia 5800. I used (up to a couple of days ago) to be able to connect it to my hands-free bluetooth car kit (Alfa Mito, using Blue and Me system).

The bluetooth connection only worked sometimes. I have noticed: if i was to connect manually to the car, then the following time it would auto-connect. Otherwise it would not, and i had to do it manually (devices were paired properly and  set to auto accept incoming connections).

I thought those days would soon be past, when the new firmware came out. I have updated my 5800 to the new firmware, and things got even worst. Now manual connection does not work any more and the phone only connects if i pair the devices. When the car goes off and starts again, the phone does not connect (automatically or manually).

Can anybody help, please?

Many thanks

Claudio 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia 5800 - Bluetooth problems with Alfa Mito (Blue and Me)

Hi, after a few resets, things are changed: the phone attempts to get a connection with Blue & Nav and it says the connection has been established, however it does not work: the only way to get it to work and disconnect it manually and connect it back again.

Any ideas?

many thanks 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

hi,

well, i dont have a bluetooth car kit, got lots of BT headset though and i still treasure my honda civic...  :smileyhappy:

anyway, this might be worth the try, whenever i have BT problems not connecting or disconnecting, i always try to reset the BT device to clean factory reset, where all the prvious pairings are erased and then i remove any prvious pairings in the phone, sometimes i even factory reset the phone and then i pair them again together, and so far this has been working for me, except for 1, whihc i am trying to resolve as well...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried that but unfortunately it didn't address the issue. I have reset both the car and the phone... with no luck unfortunately.  :smileysad:

The bizzarre thing is that the phone sometimes claims to be connected despite the car does not recognise it.. if i then force disconnection and connect it again, sometimes it works, some other times it says "unable to connect to bluetooth device"

Many thanks

Claudio 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

in the phone, does your bt car kit shows a small car icon or is it a speaker?  if there is a car, then it is connected as handsfree, if it is as a speaker then, it is connected as headset, also do you have nay devices that are listed in the "blocked" list?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, there are no blocked devices.On the phone, these are the three scenario:

1. Phone showing the little car and working - Woo Hoo!!

2. Phone showing the little car but not working - in this case i have to force disconnection and reconnect it again

3. Phone attempting to connect (showing two arrows pointing in different direction) but never manages to connect (in that case the "unable to connect to bluetooth device" message appears.

THe three seem to happen randomly, however i seem to notice that, when 2 occurs, then it auto connects the next time i get into the car (point 1) just once.

Many thanks!! 

Please use plain text.

Hi,

i have the same problem with my Nokia 5800 and Blue&Me (Fiat 500) :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have a similar problem - bluetooth worked fine until the new firmware came out last week and now the phone and car just can't seem to comunicate, resulting in the car reporting 'failed' and the phone just hanging for a few minutes (no responce from key presses).

Don't know what to do now :smileysad:

Please use plain text.

Nokia 5800 Bluetooth is rapidly becoming a laughing stock. Looks like Nokia dropped off big time with this phone. My one works after it has been powered up. Just once, that's it job done, never properly connects again. Randomly pretends to connect, but it's only joking. Power off and restart and you can have one more connection. 18 other phones tested now, all makes even other Nokia’s. Every one connects perfectly time and time again. But not the Nokia 5800!  Out of the 6 Bluetooth devices I have tested only the 5800 fails (2 different 5800's used) on all of them, one other phone (LG) failed to connect to one device (TomTom). The 5800 was a little better before firmware upgrade, but has never been totally reliable.

Everyone I know starts to snigger when I mention my phone. So I guess the bad news is spreading fast!

Deep deep sadness.

Nokia Connecting People.......... but not devices.

Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, the 5800 does not connect the sound of the car. it is not the device. This is very sad, things like the nokia was the ease of connecting to the car.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I have a Panda and the cellular doesn't run the application to write the code when it find the blue and me kit, and it closes the application.

I think is a software problem and Nokia has to resolve it, I'm waiting for a nokia's  answer....

If somebody knows somethings, please contact me

thank you

Edited personal information

Message Edited by shehanj on 29-Mar-2009 06:59 PM
Please use plain text.

There is clearly an issue with the 5800 BT firmware. I use mine with my Nokia 616 car kit in remote SIM mode, quite probably the best solution to hands free I know.  I have never had a problem with any other Nokia phone.  The 5800 drops the connection every few minutes.  Sometimes it will not re-establish.  I did a firmware update to 11.0.3 I think but no change.  This is so infuriating I am going to give the 5800 to one of the kids and go back to the E51.  Pity because I do like the little switch for securing the phone, plus the large display.  Let's see if the E75 is any good when it arrives.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've exactly the flyingbear problem: Nokia 5800 FW 20 (latest) + JVC BT22 = random drops after few minutes.
Please use plain text.

OK done some research.  The 5800 is S60 5th edition and I suspect this is not compatible with many previous BT profiles including that in the Nokia 616.  I was advised to get an update for the 616, which is of course quite difficult because it has to be removed and sent to Nokia.  I am not even sure if Nokia support this platform with the 616.  I might have to throw it and use a newer BT handsfree kit or give up and go back to a phone with 3rd Edition.  Other BT handsfree kits may support firmware updating via the BT interface itself using a compatible phone, so check the manufacturers.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Same problem with Blaupunkt MP68 bluetooth: it randomly disconnects after few minutes!!

I hope Nokia will soon release a firmware upgrade with BT bugs solved..

Nokia, are you there?!?

Message Edited by gianluk on 06-May-2009 08:51 PM
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem and the latest v21 update does not fix them. I use a BT headset at all times, no problem with a N70 or N95 but with the 5800, after a while no sound comes out of the headset. If I cut the BT on the phone, the headset is still connected anyway. I often reboot the phone. 

I'm really disappointed, especially after going through the v10, the v20 and v21 now without any improvement! I really hope that Nokia will fix this problem is really serious to me! 

PS: I tried 2 Nokia 5800 and the problem is the same, the problem is software, not hardware!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I hope this is a firmware-related problem, because if it's Symbian 5th - related, it will present in all new 5th Edition models, such as N97 (and Samsung Omnia HD for example..).

Now i'd like to buy a N97, but who can tell us if the BT-issues will be fixed???

Do you want to buy a 600 eur - phone that you can't use with BT-handsfree???

I repeat: NOKIA where are you?!?

Please use plain text.

Same problems with a Sony MEX-BT 2500.

When I noticed the problem to the Nokia Care service, they told me that this was a Sony problem not a Nokia problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

This ISN'T a Sony problem, because the car BT works fine with EVERY BT Phone, except the 5800..

This is a 5800 BT - bug and it can be fixed only with a firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry, but I don't think that an upgrade in the hands free will solve anything. I'm pretty sure it is a problem in the Nokia 5800.

I'm doing research and I have 4 Nokia 5800 XM with me. As I'm programing on them, I upload files to the phones through bluetooth.

Well. all of them are paired with my MacBook Pro, and lot's of times I need to try and try again and again until they can connect (phone and computer) and sometimes, the only way is to delete the pair configuration in the computer and pair them again.

So, I'm sure they have a problem in the Nokia Bluetooth stack or in the protocol implemented. I don't think I need a firmware upgrade in my computer :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.