Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia BH 503 is not discoverable by any device...

Registered Member
Sulemanzp

Nokia BH 503 is not discoverable by any device?

I recently buy it.. when I turn it on by holding Multifunction key.... A blue light blink twice then stop,, then again blink twice and again stop... this keep continue.. That time i search for BH 503 from my laptop(HP, Sony, Dell), samsung, Nokia, china mobiles,,,, but there is not BH 503 on search... then i press multifunction key one time... blue light start blinking quickly... but unfortunately still it is on coming on search... then i keep holding multifunction button.. first blue light blink twice.. then red and blue light start blinking one by one... still there is no search on my bluetooth devices... please help me so save my money by connecting my new BH 503 with my devices....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Nokia BH 503 is not discoverable by any device?

Hi Sulemanzp, 

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

In order to pair your BH 503 with any of your devices, please follow these steps: 

1. Make sure the phone (or other device) is on.
  2. Press the multifunction key of the headset until the blue indicator lights starts to blink fast.
  3. Activate Bluetooth connectivity on the mobile device, and set it to search for Bluetooth devices.
  4. Once found, select the headset from the list of found devices, and enter the Bluetooth passcode 0000 to pair and connect the headset to the mobile device.
  5. If the pairing is successful, the headset’s blue indicator light starts flashing slowly, and the headset appears in the mobile device menu where you can view the paired Bluetooth devices. 

Please also check these following compatibility criteria: 

For great music experience, the compatible devices need to support the Bluetooth profile A2DP. Otherwise the compatible mobile devices can only be used for call handling, not for stereo music experience.

Nokia 3110 Classic, 5200, 5300, 5700 Xpress Music, 6085, 6086, 6110 Navigator, 6131, 6131, 6133, 6151, 6233, 6234, 6280, 6282, 6288, 6300, 7373, 7390, 8800, 8801, N95, AD-42W (dongle), AD-47W (dongle), Samsung SGH-D528, SGH-D600, SGH-E908, Sony Ericsson K800i, W880i Motorola MOTORAZR maxx v3, LG KE800, Jabra A125s (dongle)

Does the Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-503 work with other manufacturers’ phones and devices?

The Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-503 can be used to make and receive calls with mobile phones and devices, which are compatible with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 , and supporting A2DP, AVRCP, Handsfree and/or Headset Profile. Some features of The Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-503 may not be compatible with all phones/devices. Please check your phone’s/device’s compatibility with these features, specifications and profiles with your device’s manufacturer.

If you cannot pair devices, I advise you to clear the pairing and try again. 

To clear pairing settings:

1. Switch off the headset
  2. Press and hold the multifunction key and the volume up key until the indicator light alternates red, green and blue three times.

After the settings are cleared, the headset enters the off mode.

Resetting the headset (if it stops functioning)

Plug the charger into the headset while you press and hold the multifunction key. The headset switches off.
To use the headset, reconnect it to your mobile device.
The reset does not clear the headset pairing settings

If any issue persists and you can still not pair the devices, pleas take it to your nearest Nokia Care Point or call Nokia Careline: 

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VulcanClaw

Had same problem with mine
What I did was hold the multi fuction key for 5-6 seconds and blue and red light were alternating that time(Never saw any green light or the beep sound as the manual said :smileytongue:)

Then I searched for it and found it in the device list and paired it with that 0000 passkey

I tried the same thing with my laptop and phone and it worked
let me know if it works for you too

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vkkkr

i bought the same product today, but not able to connect it to my samsung galaxy fit, moreover i am not able to connect it to my lappy, please help.

I also went to the nearest nokia care store, but Wow, a representative says there, the product in only and only supports nokia phones, nothing else, even not those phones which has bluetooth A2DP technology. i have also resetted the headset, but all in vain. please help sir.

Please use plain text.