Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia CK-100 Bluetooth and Audi A4 RNS-D Navi+

kevyttiede

Nokia CK-100 Bluetooth and Audi A4 RNS-D Navi+

As the topic says, I am trying to figure out if this connection is even possible.

At the moment the car has an OEM HF system with an old Cullmann's cradle. I am trying to get rid of that cradle and monthly multi-sim payments with a bluetooth setup.

To my understanding there is everything needed in place, except the bluetooth. I'd like to keep the original microphone since it is nicely hidden. Is it possible to get this CK-100 working with the RNS-D? What kind of ISO-adapter would I need and where to find one?

In short, the idea is to cut the mic wire and fix it to the CK-100 microphone port and hopefully get everything else working through the ISO-cable. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

thx.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Inekar

Hi

It is possible to fit a CK100 although I bear the following points:

1.  I would not cut the mic. as there may be a difference in impedence which would either effect the performance of the mic or damge the kit.

2. There is a loom available.  I would suggest you get in touch with your local appointed Nokia Accredited engineer if you are in the UK, or any good audio store.  Depending on whether your car has a bose system will indicate what type of lead you will need.  If you have a bose or any amplified system you may have issues with the Bluetooth streming side of things as you will need addition leads to make the music work

Hope this helps

Nokia Accredited Car Kit Engineer
e:jason@inekar.com
www.inekar.com Please Kudos me if you think I help!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

I agree completely, this vehicle can be set up to work very well, but it is not as easy as plugging in a sot lead, you will need to have the Nokia mic installed and do not use the audi one. you may also need a aux interface to allow music streaming depending if you have bose.

Dan.

Nokia Accredited Installer

If my answers help you, give me a Kudos. Its like a pat on the back.
Please use plain text.
kevyttiede

Thank you for the comments. Apparently, it is not a viable solution to connect these two. Perhaps installing CK-100 as a separate unit, but then the point is lost.

This RNS-D Navi+ is without Bose audio system, if it gives me more options?

There are OEM bluetooth units available, but they are really expensive and possibly need some "coding" with the VAG-Com. A rough estimate is from 300 to 600 euros installed. I'm not willing to pay that for a simple bluetooth setup. For that price I could simply switch the whole RNS-D unit.

All I need is a neat wireless integrated HF system. There is no need for any music playback or separate caller / menu displays. I am having hard time believing that a factory installed HF is so hard to modify, as I know how cheap and simple a bluetooth chip is. Especially as there are all Tel +/-, Mute, Mic etc. wires in place. Perhaps some "kitchen-engineers" could solder such a chip :smileyhappy:

Ok, offtopic.

Is there any other manufacturer that fills this gap?

Ideas for other solutions?

(I even considered dismantling the Cullmann's cradle and figuring out a wiring diagram for that., but I guess that would end up exactly the same way as with a toaster when I was 10 years old.)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Inekar

I guess there is no problem really dismantling the Nokia Mic itself and then hiding it in the recess where the other mic is  behind the panel, although I stress to you that you will compromise the quality of reception since the mic has been specically designed to work with the plastic around it as well.

There is a lead available which will give you a direct input into back of the stereo.  Whether you need Vag Com programming, I am not sure as the existing handsfree might use that connection already, so you will have to check.

You will also need to mount the multifunction button somewhere, even if it is hidden for resetting the kit etc.....

Hope this helps you.

Nokia Accredited Car Kit Engineer
e:jason@inekar.com
www.inekar.com Please Kudos me if you think I help!
Please use plain text.