Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia CS-15 and Windows 7 64bit driver

Accepted Solution

Nokia CS-15 and Windows 7 64bit driver

Hi

I've bought recently new notebook with Win7 64bit and Nokia CS-15.

After that I realized that CS-15 is currently not supporting Win 7 64bit.

So it cause my question if Nokia have plans to introduce such a dirivers and possibly when?

If someone aware please inform me if there is no plans for such a driver.

Thanks and regards

R

Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia CS-15 and Windows 7 64bit driver

Hi

Good news I have managed to make it run on Win 7 64 bits. To do this i have used software from:

http://www.dna.fi/Yksityisille/Matkaviestinta/dnaMokkulatuotetuki/Sivut/dnamokkulatuotetukijaohjelmi...

It is finish mobile company and developed good software to use CS-15 with win 7 64 bits.

I have downloaded DNA_Software_Updater_CS-15_2.7.1.exe and instaled it first. Then connected device and updatet software on it. Now I have fully functional GSM modem working under Win 7.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi there,

we have plans to release SW 2.7.1 or later (with win7 64 bit support) also unbranded very soon on Nokia support page. 

Hope you are still fine until that time with the DNA branded version.

Br, Oliver

Please use plain text.

Hi

Thanks for info.

So I will update then my device with the latest version. Currently with DNA working fine.

BR

Radek

Please use plain text.

When exactly will this new SW release be available? I bought a new laptop (64-bit Win7) and the CS-15 last Saturday because I was told that they work perfectly together. Obviously this is not the case and I'm extremely, extremely annoyed. I can wait until the end of next week but then I will return the CS-15 and get a Huawei stick because it works also with 64-bit Windows.

I'm utterly disappointed in Nokia right now. You've had plenty of time to get the drivers ready for Win7. You even sell a Win7 laptop for heaven's sake...

Pete

Please use plain text.

Hi!

I have the some problem with 64-bit Win7.Cardigan can you define date when new software will be availability on your www?

Mark

Please use plain text.

So when this will be availabe????
Please use plain text.

cardigan wrote:

Hi there,

we have plans to release SW 2.7.1 or later (with win7 64 bit support) also unbranded very soon on Nokia support page. 

Hope you are still fine until that time with the DNA branded version.

Br, Oliver

So, it's been over a month. When is this "very soon" going to happen? Are you really going to make everyone in the world use the DNA-software? That's ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Please use plain text.

Excellent, thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi cardigan, 

if i upgrade to r2.8.0 in windows 7 64bit , can i use cs-15 with apple snow leopard ?

thanks. 

Please use plain text.

Could you add an "Automatically reconnect"-option to the software package?

I can't leave the computer unattended (downloading something) for many hours, because when I come back I always see the "you have been disconnected"-window.

So, automatic reconnect would be great.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hello,

the apn for smartxne hong kong is "internet" now, would like to see an update soon.

thanks.

cs15user

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

saludos.

tengo un problema para conectar el moden de internet nokia CS 15 en mi lapton con el windows 7.. como hago para descargar el driver?

Please use plain text.
Argaen

I still have a lot of issues with the CS-15 on Windows 7 (Home premium 32bit). 

Basically, this is what happens. When I instal the software for the first time, the key works just fine (I'm using the new version posted in this thread, and I have also updated the firmware of the key). Then, if I restart the PC, the key doesn't work anymore (it simply isn't even recognised as a modem, just as a mass storage device). 

To get it to work again I have to: 

1) uninstall the software

2) instal it again, at which point the key light blinks red, and the key still is not recognised by the software

3) Go in devices in control panel, and notice that the drivers of the key appear to be damaged

4) unistal manually the drivers

5) uninstal the software again

6) Instal everything up again, at which point the key will work again

What could possibly be wrong? I cannot do that every time I want to use the Key! It looks like the drivers get damaged at every system restart!

Please use plain text.
sangeeta25

Help Please,

I have win 7 64 bit and nokia cs15, it was working fine for 4 months and now 2 days ago, when i was online it just stopped working, it does work on vista, but I want it to work on my win 7 64 bit computer.

I tried everything, the nokia cs 15 already has new software and firmware updated, I did it 4 months ago, that is how it was working for 4 months at first place.

Now I insert the modem and win 7 does not recognise it and it is not showing in usb plugged devices in device manager.

In vista and it recognises it and trying to install the software (as it does not have DNA software on vista)  so after installing software and VISTA detects it and shows it as nokia modem plugged in USB device in device manager and it actually works and i can go online,

BUT when I try to UPDATE FIRMWARE, (on vista computer) the process says, insert Nokia cs 15 modem :smileysad: thought it is inserted and computer detects it and showing, the firmware update does not happen on vista either (i am not sure why, but i think it is already updated firmware 4 months ago? )

but either way, how can I make it work? because vista is my desktop and I need this for my laptop traveeling which is win 7 64 bit

Please help Please, it is been 2 days and I can not do my work.

Please use plain text.