The Nokia Play 360 speaker and my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S1 - Sprint) worked fine. I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it connects via Bluetooth but there is no sound. I have searched the web and found others with the same phone does not pair with the Nokia Play 360 Speaker.
On a secondary note the NFC is not recognized when touched. Is this a proprietary thing on the Nokia or Samsung side?
Is there a way to get drivers for sound and/or NFC connectivity?
Does the aptX for Bluetooth on the Galaxy S3 have anything to do with to lack of volume?
Thank you in advance.
Please reply to this thread if you have any answer to this!
I don't have any problem playing via Bluetooth, but the NFC is not recognized like the previous post.
Suspecting Nokia is being difficult here and not wanting to let things work across different brands. Just like VCards...
I'm desperately trying to get this to work - what's the point of having NFC on both items, if you can't use it?
Tried to avtivate through NFC Task Launcher, but I guess I'm not nerdy enough...
Here's a link that seems to work for NFC connectivity:
Still having issues with no Bluetooth connectivity. Any help please.
I also have problem with Galaxy S II connecting to Nokia Play 360 -speakers. I have two of the speakers: one works with Galaxy, one not. Unfortunately the stereo connection is done via the speaker that does not connect to Galaxy. Or yes it connects - but I can hear nothing.
With Nokia phones the speakers work fine (both separately or in stereo-mode).
Maybe these "symptoms" help someone to figure out what's the problem.
Adding something to the last mail:
Some more testing with Kubuntu (Linux-variant):
- it connects well in mono-mode (separately to both speakers) and all works fine
- it also connects well in stereo mode: connection is done fine via one speaker and and both speakers work fine in stereo mode
I start to think that this is some problem with Samsung Galaxy. But the interesting part stays: why does the Galaxy connect (in mono mode, one using one speaker) to one of the speakers, but not to the other one?
There are some numbers under the battery box cover. The numbers in my speakers start with 069 (and has 10 digits). The last numbers are: 3150 and 3210.
- This speaker is the one that has active connection to the phone when both of the speakers are in use (thus stereo-mode)
- Samsung Galaxy S II connects, but gives no sound (same situation in both mono or stereo mode)
- This speaker works as "slave" in stereo mode
- in mono mode it connects fine with Samsung Galaxy S II and plays music fine
- in stereo and using Samsung Galaxy S II some horrible noise stars breaking my ears
As I said: in Kubuntu these speakers work fine.
1) Is there a way to make the stereo-pairing different: to change it so that the 3150 would become slave (as it's now the master) and vice versa?
2) Where can I get drivers for the speakers (Bluetooth, for Windows 7) - now the system reports that no drivers found (it's searching for them though). I checked quite many sites, but found nothing :-(
Thank you for posting this. I have the galaxy S3 and while I can connect my phone to the 360 player manually (not via NFC) I cannot get any sound thorough. I hear a small click in the beginning but that is it. I have also been able to succesfully play songs through bluetooth using my laptop which runs Ubuntu 12.04.
I have no clue how to fix this so my hopes are for the jelly bean update to solve the problem... I guess we'll have to wait and see.
If Nokia could come with further suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have exactly the same problem with y Galaxy S3 (international) 4.0.4. I can connect to the Play 360 (i have two of them) but I cannot get any sound (I get a little blob when it connects but no sound at all): very frustrating as I need to use them "wired" so far.
I just installed the JB update (JB4.1.1) hoping that the problem would dissapear... Helas: still exactly the same.
What to do? Can we update the firmware of the Play 360? Can Nokia give us a fix please?
i have a galaxy 3, got nfc working no issue, saw the one nokia 360 speaker, light turned blue, synched and then nothing, no music, no volume nothing. It all looks like it works, but no audio. i tryed resynching, via nfc and nothing. Anyone have any updates, this sucks....