Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with Nokia BH-905

Registered Member

Problem with Nokia BH-905

[ Edited ]

I've some problem with my Nokia BH-905

It seems that my headset has lock itself.

I can't do anything. I've tried "multi + volume up" and "pause + rewind + volume down" but nothing happens.

A orange light is shining constantly.

What should i do? Can i fix them on my own? I've got them last week.

PLZ help, any  suggestion is welcome.

Message Edited by Mseln on 14-Oct-2009 08:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Problem with Nokia BH-905

aa fixed it by my own. =D

I didn't hold down "pause + rewind + volume down" long enough. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

what can i do to unlock my headphones.  i held down the vol down, muitl func key, & rewind key for 15 sec and still nothing
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

also mine has no lights flashing at all and it has charged overnight.  the charge light was red and is now green.  the ach is working and the headphones will work with the headphone jacks but not with bluetooth devices.  no blue, red, green or orange lights at all.  what should i do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

After two weeks of brilliant audio since I bought the BH-905, I woke up this morning to no BT. Noise Cancelling still works and audio still works via cable. No matter how long I hold down the multifunction key the bluetooth doesn't come to life. I am trying to drain the battery by leaving the ANC on for the next day(s) then see how it responds after a charge. If no result, then back to the store it will go
Please use plain text.

I received a new pair of BH-905's yesterday, and am pleased with them in general. I am using them alongside my Nokia N97 running the latest firmware. The audio quality via bluetooth I'd give 8/10, wired 9/10, noise cancelling 8.5/10, built quality 9/10, comfort levels 9.5/10, design 8/10.

Using the BH-905s is not a bug free experience however. I have experienced the following issues :

- It's not possible to pause and restart tracks in the Symbian version of Spotify (this maybe a Spotify implementation problem admittedly as the BH-905s controls work 100% fine with the Nokia Music Player app.

- The tempo at which the music plays via Bluetooth does vary at times (maybe 1% of the time) - akin to how old cassettes used to play slower when stiff. Also sometimes the music plays too fast, then slows down again - NOT GOOD NOKIA ! The price point the BH-905s are sold at surely merits better performance than this.

This "tempo" issue happens both when I use Spotify or the Nokia Music Player app on my N97. What is unclear is where the fault really lies here - is it the within the processing the N97 is having to do (converting the music to a bluetooth stream), or is it with the processing of the received bluetooth signal within the BH-905? I am using whats supposedly one of the flagship phones alongside the flagship accessory, so expected better to be honest.

These issues aside, I think the BH-905 is a very good product, which I am happy to own. If the tempo thing could be resolved though, it'd be a great product.

Please use plain text.

PS after a couple more days usage, the bluetooth "tempo" issue is happening way less than it did the first day I was using these. Why the change, I dont know, but long may it continue :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lookatbowen

Thank you Mseln for your post.

The noise canceling was working on my BH-905, but I couldn't turn on the headphones. They seemed to be dead.

I tried your exact solution (hold down "pause + rewind + volume down") and after about 15 seconds saw an orange light followed by a fast flashing blue light. That was all I needed to see. The headphones then paired successfully with my Nokia N900.

Take a look at what the Bowens are up to.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drugstein

My headset was working the Noise Cancelation, working via cable but not via bluetooth...

I pressed the "multi function + rewind + vol down" I just pressed it and the orange light shut down...or you cand hold them for 10 sec.... now my headset is working as it should

Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
ealing

I've tried resetting but it still doesn't work with my iPhone 4. So far (since I bought these head-phones a few months ago) I have had little use of these head-phones since they continually lock up. Based on my experience so far they are one of the worst products that I have ever bought. Even when I did manage to pair up with my PC the sound quality is really bad with lots of interference. I have used Nokia "smart" phones for years and put up with the lousy user interfaces - switching to an iPhone makes me realize what I was missing.

Please use plain text.
ealing

So I was able to reset the BH-905 head-phones by pressing the "multi function + rewind + vol down" buttons  and holding them down as suggested (thanks) but even though I could connect with my iPhone 4 it still played using the phone speakers not the head-phones. It seems that you have to press the pause/play button twice if the music is already playing to actually start playing through the head-phones.

Why can't Nokia design user-interfaces?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
draadloos

The double play-pause button trick doesn't work on my iPhone 4.... (with ios 4.1)

The bluetooth icon does show up in de iPod player. But no sounds thru the headphones.

The blue right on the headset keeps blinking slowly. That means is paired to the device, but the connection is not active, right?  I should be blinking green i believe.

Any other ideas maybe?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ksrok

Hey guys i got rly a big problem i rly hope somone here can help me cuz i think this is rly bad =/

Anyways i did get my Nokia BH 905 for some days ago and i tryed to connect with bluetooth and it did work but not for skype, and then i tryed to reconnect it but it said i have to write down Password but, but i didn't use any password on it, anyways now i can connect it but cant hear anything and whne i connect it it says "You are now connected with Nokia 5000d-2"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eNeKuX

In my case it worked pressing "multifunction + volume up". After about 10-15 seconds an orange light followed by a fast flashing blue light, which means that the headphones are ready to be paired.

Hope it will help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
riphon

thanks a lot. u r doing good job. ur command work on my nokia bh-905i bluetooth headphone.

b.r

Please use plain text.