Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with bluetooth sync (Nokia 5800 with ...

Problems with bluetooth sync (Nokia 5800 with bluetooth car Audi A4)

I have a 5800 and sincronized with my Audi A4 perfectly.
The problem is that although it is linked, not synchronized contacts and calls.

In other models, like N95, I downloaded a program that allows Nokia transfer contacts (Nokia 810 Contacts Download), but it does not work in 5800.

Other model, Nokia 6151, works perfectly.

How can I fix this problem?
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

Re: Problems with bluetooth sync (Nokia 5800 with bluetooth car Audi A4)

You can't at the moment...

The 5800 is a newer version of the Symbian 60 operating system and the Audi unit does not support it. As yet, there is no sis file for this handset like you have downloaded before, so best bet would be to keep looking at the 810 car kit software page to see if one comes out.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

from what i know 5800 supports PBAP, hence there is no need to use the 810 software to download your phone book...

you might want to ask Audi if they have some software upgrade... just my .2
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem with audi S3!!
Have you find one solution?
Thanks

Message Edited by giovanni26 on 12-Jan-2009 02:04 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
I am having the exactly same problem with my 5800 and BMW 320.

Is PBAP active in 5800 automatically when BT is on? Or should I somehow configure my BT settings?

I'm really looking forward this problem to be solved...

Edit: Just noticed that PBAP is not mentioned in 5800 bluetooth profiles (Nokia sites)... :-/

Message Edited by rassa on 17-Jan-2009 10:00 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

17-Jan-2009 01:48 PM
rassa wrote:
I am having the exactly same problem with my 5800 and BMW 320.

Is PBAP active in 5800 automatically when BT is on? Or should I somehow configure my BT settings?

I'm really looking forward this problem to be solved...

Edit: Just noticed that PBAP is not mentioned in 5800 bluetooth profiles (Nokia sites)... :-/

Message Edited by rassa on 17-Jan-2009 10:00 AM

where are you looking?

PBAP is mentioned at forum.nokia here-> http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/5800_XpressMusic
Please use plain text.

The same problem with my Nokia 5800XM and Opel Astra built-in bluetooth.

Worked well with 6103, 6230 and N80...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

[ Edited ]

hi,

well let me share what will if i do if am in your shoes...

i dont have a bluetooth car kit, but got lots of BT headset though and i still treasure my honda civic...  :smileyhappy:

anyway, this might be worth the try, whenever i have BT problems not connecting or disconnecting, i always try to reset the BT device (BT car kit in your case) to clean factory reset, where all the previous pairings are erased (how to do this, well consult your car bt kit manual) and then i remove any previous pairings in the phone, sometimes i even factory reset the phone and then i pair them again together, and so far this has been working for me, except for 1, whihc i am trying to resolve as well...

Message Edited by friedbrains on 31-Jan-2009 10:37 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

I would contact your nearest Audi franchised dealer as friedbrains says, and get them to check that the software is up to date.

My E71 works fine in my 2007 edition S3.

You need to be persuasive with them as they can be very difficult to deal with especially when you are telling them something that they are defensive about why I don't know.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Hi,

I just received my 5800 and couldnt pair it to my X5 (55 plate) if they are not compatible I need to send the phone back. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

cookie2112 wrote:

Hi,

I just received my 5800 and couldnt pair it to my X5 (55 plate) if they are not compatible I need to send the phone back. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Car manufacturers are still notoriously slow at updating their factory-fit car kits, so it is not surprising many are not compatible with the latest models. Your car may be as young as a 2005 model, but it is possible that the equipment installed may be an older design than that.

Despite what the slick salesmen will tell you, manufacturer's car kits are not the best choice - it is much better to buy either a product from the manufacturer of the phone you use or an independent manufacturer, you have much better chance of getting newer technology that is compatible with modern phones.

In any case, the 5800XM is a completely new version of the Symbian operating system, so it is possible that all manufacturers have catching up to do.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I have just bought a Nokia 5800 and didn't expect there would be problems connecting it to my 3 series E46 BMW 2003 plate BT carkit.

I have paired the phone to the BT carkit and can receive calls with the phone number being displayed on the stereo and can make calls only if using the phone which then transfers to the carkit. The phone book does not transfer and the functions on the steering wheel do not work except to end a call or answer one.

After considerable searching on the internet I came across a post by "mack7" link at the bottom, that described a way to transfer the phone book to the car and although some poeple have reported this unsucessful it has working in my case. This is what I have done.

I deleted the pairing, then paired as normal but DID NOT turn the ignition switch off after pairing. I then selected one phone book entry, checked mark and then sent as a business card to bluetooth and selected the BMW. I had a message on the phone to say this was sucessful. I then tried to select all contacts and send them, but I had a message saying this failed. Beleiving I may have at least one entry in the BMW BT carkit I turned the ignition off, waited then turned back on. The phone connected as normal but now when I press the phone book on the steering wheel ALL phone book entries are there. I have now waited over 1/2 hour and tried again and all is still OK. I can scroll up and down the phone book and when I phone myself using the house phone the name now appears in the stereo display.

I have posted this as so far it seems to have worked for me and it may work for others.

Please post replies if this has been sucessful in your case.

http://developer.symbian.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=69635&tstart=0

Message Edited by pete102 on 11-Feb-2009 09:33 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I have also the same problem with 5800 and Audi A3 bluetooth. I had nokia n82 and Contact download 810 and it worked. When I got the 5800 and didn't worked, because the app isn't working in s60 v5.

In audi they said that they wouldn't recommend to update, because it may harm the bluetooth driver (I have the audi form 2007 so I suppose it is new software).

I'm stiil looking for the 810 contact download app. This is the only way I suppose :/

Message Edited by pryhu on 19-Feb-2009 11:01 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had an a4 and now a mercedes 350clk. Nokia phones do not download phonebook information seamleslly with most german car manufacturers.

My gf's garmin street pilot BT integrates better than my Mercedes. I currently have a n85 and 5800 but have had e71, n95-1 n95-3 n95-4 and had issues with all of them.

I finally found a replacement BT interface module made by triamp in China that enables me to send my contacts into the Mercedes BT system using opp (object push profile) http://triamp.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008800521679/pdtl/Car-handsfree/1004402139/Car-Hand...

You would think the German manufacturers would try a little harder to integrate bt better with the number one selling handset in the world. Every motorola, lg, htc, winmo and even iphone  device I try works seamlessly with my merceded native BT except Nokias

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

pryhu wrote:

In audi they said that they wouldn't recommend to update, because it may harm the bluetooth driver (I have the audi form 2007 so I suppose it is new software).

This is Classic dealer BS mate.

They can update it just that they wont.

Find another dealer that can is my suggestion.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Your method works to pair the Nokia5800XM with the BMW X3 (Dec. 2008)!! I wonder if we should repeat the procedure for each new contact.

It's amazing to have this kind of problems with these expensive products, but it's even worse don't have any qualified technical support both from BMW or Nokia.

Many thanks from Madrid!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem with my Peugeot 207 and 5800. Tried this method and others and none seem to work?  Don't know were to go from here, I only bought this phone as Nokia normally dont have problems connecting to bluetooth devices?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had the same problem and I installed this:

Nokia 616 Contact Download Application for Nokia S60 3.1 edition devices

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/nokia -616-car-kit/car-kit-software

It solves the problem and I have all contacts in my Audi. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Did you just use the software as it states on the mobile, ie follow the prompts or did you use the business card way? Just asking as it seemed to be taking a hell of a long time to download my 15 contacts to my car???? So wasn't sure if it was working or not?

Hopefully when I get a little time tomorrow it will work....

Thanks in advance......

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well I have found out it doesnt work.  I have had my car in the garage today also to find out wether it was the car, and it wasn't I watched as a Sony Ericson phone connected forst time faultlessly.  Luckily I have a few days left to change the phone, so I am now wondering if I should change to a Sony??? Don't want too but it works perfectly......
Please use plain text.