Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Replacement screen cover

Contributor
tallbloke

Replacement screen cover

Hi, can anyone tell me if Nokia can supply repacement screen covers? Mine is old and scratched and I would like to renew it.

Thanks for any answers.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Replacement screen cover

Hi tallbloke,

Are you talking about the actual screen itself or just a cover. If it is the screen, Nokia does not cover damaged screens under warranty, so you will have to pay for a replacement at a Nokia Care point near you.

If it is a screen cover, you can purchase these at your nearest trusted retailer of Nokia products.

Let us know how you get on and if you need fruther assistance.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tallbloke

Hi Hazey and thanks for the reply.

The screen itself is fine, the clear plastic cover is badly scratched. I tried to find a Nokia Care centre using the website search function, but it didn't find a care centre in the north of England. Is there a mail order service? I have removed the cover once to replace a faulty screen, so I am comfrtable with the procedure.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tallbloke

I'm still hoping I can get some advice on how I can get a replacement screen cover plastic. This is not a thin film like a phone screen protector. It is the ~2.5mm thick clear polycarbonate sheet which sits in front of the LCD screen.

I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.

Thanks in advance for assistance in locating a replacement.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@tallbloke

Hi,

Using the link http://www.nokia.com/global/support/ the nearest care point to you in Leeds is as below:

Carphone Warehouse (Briggate)
52-53 Briggate
Leeds, LS1 6HD
Tel: +448701682863

Or alternativley:

Fonefix
15 Foss Island Road
York, YO31 7UL
Mon - Fri :9-17
Sat: 9-17 
Hope this helps.

Fonebooth
7 The Shambles, The Piazza Shopping Centre
Huddersfield, HD1 2QJ
Mon - Fri :9-17
Sat: 9-17

The York and Huddersfields stores are Our Nokia Care Point stores which provide you with support and repair services for all Nokia devices. The Leeds store is a  Carphone warehouse which is a authorised store who offer basic repair and support options for Nokia devices. If these options are not viable I recommend you contact your local Nokia care line on (0) 845 0455555 or you can call the two Nokia care points above and see if they offer any mail service

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tallbloke

many thanks Raoul,
I'll contact them to see what can be arranged.

Please use plain text.