Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sync Contacts with Volvo Bluetooth

Contributor

Sync Contacts with Volvo Bluetooth

Hi

I am not able to sync all my contacts with my Volvo Bluetooth, only a few is synced.

What is the criteria for syncing contacts to Bluetooth headset / Bluetooth car audio,

I have tried with my E90 and now with my E75 it is the same problem.

If I use an iPhone 3G there is no problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Sync Contacts with Volvo Bluetooth

I own a Nokia E66 and cannot sync it with my volvo v50 phone system. (bluetooth). Has a sollution to this problem been developped yet? Has anyone found a sollution?   
Please use plain text.

E75 bluetooth connectivity to Car's hands free

Is any one facing a problem connecting his E75 bluetooth to his car hands free system? i am not ale to do that with E75 only, does it mean my device has a bug?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E75 bluetooth connectivity to Car's hands free

I too cannot pair my E75 with my Parrot bluetooth carkit. I think it is an other problem with the E75. There are too many problems and Nokia give not at home. 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fenny123

Must say I have found the Bluetooth great; I have had problems in the past with S60 phones - my n95, n95-8g, n96 all did not have proper sim access, call logs etc.

The E75 has full functionality in my Audi and my Wifes Vauxhall - it's great.

Have you updated to latest  software ?

Lee

Northamptonshire, UK. N96-1 RM-247 V20.050.098.1 - 20-03-09
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fenny123

PS -That would be version 100.48.78 - 25/03/09

Northamptonshire, UK. N96-1 RM-247 V20.050.098.1 - 20-03-09
Please use plain text.

I got a new E75 and tried to pair it with my Ford S-Max (2007 model) bluetooth with no luck.

The car said "bonding fail" and the phone said that the connection could not be established...

The phone sw version is the latest one. Has anyone got E75 work with Ford bluetooth?

Please use plain text.

This was easy case after all...

I found one message elsewhere in the net that there is a max amount of slots for bluetooth bonds in car audio system. 

I checked mine and there were already 6/6 devices configured. I debonded all the old entries and then created a new bond and it is working fine!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have the same problem with my E75. its not bonding with my Mercedes Benz Kompressor blutooth. does the new phone update solve that problem?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

This Pool of Knowledge (FAQ) article should help resolve your contact sync problem:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=97

You need to install an application to allow the phone to transfer contacts to the car.

Follow the instructions, as you just cannot install the application and it start working, you'll need to delete the pairing and recreate it with the contact app running.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I own also a Nokia E66 and a Volvo S40. Same problem: contacts does not synchronise! Is there already a sollution?

JP

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Please arrange to have the software on your vehicle updated.  My MY10 S40 had Bluetooth ver. 5.07_R software and was updated to ver. 5.08_R.  This resolved the sync issues on my N97. My handset now syncs in less than 5 sec and this includes contact and all 3 call lists.  What however remains an issue is the audio steam for keytones/SMS notifications and navigation still does not function.  Apparently Volvo is busy finding a solution for this issue

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Jan, i updated the volvo software bluetooth to 5.08_R and my nokia E66 contacts are now synchronising with the phonesoftware on my volvo s40. TX!

JP

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, is this upgrade to 5.08 something that needs to be done by a dealer?   :smileyindifferent:  Thanks  R...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yes, only a volvo dealer can upgrade the phone software.

JP

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks, one last question... is there a way of telling which software my car has loaded, or can only the dealer find out?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My car has the integrated Bluetooth and to find software version.  Press the phone button the on the HID panel or the steering wheel, then press menu select phone the Bluetooth then select Car Bluetooth info.  This will display the the version.  I am not sure how to do this vir the accessory Bluetooth that Volvo offers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

You can get the firmware version via the bluetooth menu-> info: this wil return the version.

JP

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Suggest that you try deleting some of your text messages (SMS).  When I did this my E75 was able to connect with my car.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

RosRae

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi All, I have spoken with a couple of UK Volvo dealers in the berkshire area who have no idea how to update the firmware, can anyone please advise a UK volvo dealership who has done this so I can contact them to find how I can get my MY09 V50 updated from 5.07_R to 5.08_R

Please use plain text.