Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Thinking of buying a Nokia BH-503 Headset on ...

Sage
Accepted Solution

Thinking of buying a Nokia BH-503 Headset on Ebay then BEWARE!

I just thought I'd let you know that I've fallen foul of the Ebay fakes, I found a pair of Black/Red ones for sale and after quite a few emails to question the seller, who utterly convinced me that they were 100% genuine, so I bought them.

They arrived 10 days later and I was slightly suspicious as soon as I open the packaging, the box didn't look right for a start, then I opened it and inside was what to all intent purposes was a genuine pair of Black/Red 503 headphones, they looked perfect & really nice, I then found the charger & the alarm bells then really did start to ring, it wasn't a genuine Nokia charger!

Anyway I put them on charge & went to work, expecting them to be fully charged especially after a 10hr shift, were they? No of course not.

So I tried to pair them anyway, they paired up fine, then disconnected, connected & so on, they did work for a while, then stopped by connecting & disconnecting again.

It was only on closer inspection that I found there was no serial numbers present either on the box or headphones themselves either & the manual wasn't the normal high quality one either, so I contacted the seller & said that I believed them to not only be defective, but fakes, I was offered the chance to send them back, which I have done & am waiting for a refund & that was nearly 2 weeks ago, so I expect to lose not only the headphones, but £39 into the bargain.

So folks if you're looking for these do what I've had to do and should have done & only buy from a UK dealer or official dealer in your country, NOT Ebay, you'll only be disappointed if you do & don't learn the hard way like I have.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Thinking of buying a Nokia BH-503 Headset on Ebay then BEWARE!

:smileyvery-happy: ebay claims yet another scalp :smileyvery-happy:

Let me guess, was the seller from Hong Kong?

Please use plain text.
Sage

No, the other one. China. :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Any tech product sold on eBay is almost guaranteed to be fake, especially if it comes from the Far-East.

Don't buy them. Furthermore, eBay has gone on the record defending the sale of counterfeit goods in the name of "consumer choice", and this decision has been upheld by courts both in the UK and in France.

In short, eBay is fraud central and they have the blessing of the law to allow people to sell fakes.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

i have sold electronics on eBay in the past, including finding an old SE K750i in the cupboard a few months ago, charging it, and selling it for 70€ - as long as you have your brain on full alert going in, you can find a good bargain.

The tips are:

(1) Only buy items that are in your country. Many genuine electronics retailers don't ship internationally specifically because of regional product differences and warranty issues.

(2) Check what other items the seller is offering - if they have lots of electronic goods, then they are in business and you are at greater risk of having a product that isn't what it claims to be. If the selelr is a private individual offering a handful of items he/she no longer needs, there is a statistically high chance that they are genuine, locally-bought goods.

(3) In case of any doubt, don't be afraid to commuinicate with the seller. If you are not confident on the subject, ask a friend to look at the ads for you and help you to understand the advert and any communications from the seller.

Please use plain text.
zemonti

There is something curious:

I found few posts about buyers, pretending to have fake Nokia BH-503 from Ebay, because of OEM charger, but nobody is able to find any difference between the original Nokia headset and the "replica".

I suspect, that there is no such a thing like a fake Nokia BH-503.

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
zemonti

Still nobody can't tell me how to recognize the genuine and the fake BH-503.

Any physical difference?

Please use plain text.
zemonti

Half year later still nobody?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayushrai

Serial numbers probably. I haven't seen the genuine ones,, only fakes, and can say there are no serial numbers on those. Even the box looks different, no stickers.

Please use plain text.
nustgage

99% of the Nokia BH503s found on sale on ebay are fakes/OEMs. They look absolutely the same when compared with the genuine ones.
I was unfortunate enough to have taken the seller by his word and bought the headset for Rs.1200/- i was further lured by their COD option,which other sellers didnt provide(however,all the other sellers sell @ roughly the same price range).
I recveived the headset via courier within 5days. I went to the courier office claimed and paid for it, after inspection, ofcousre. The box wasn't sealed with the nokia hologram, the seller said about it before ,that he is 'reselling' the product,so they first break the seal for inspection, also, such headsets lack the 'Nokia Warranty' but comes with only 'dealer' warranty, in my case, the ebay seller.
Anyways, on first inspection, i found them no different from the genuine one my friend had been using some time ago. I fell in love with my friend's BH503 and thats how i ended up on e-bay since Nokia has discontinued BH503 in my country.
Well, from the courier office, i took it home, plugged it in for charging for about 8hrs. The headset was fully charged in about 5hrs(the red-light went off by then). Unable to contain my excitement, i switched it on and paired with my E63. All was normal until i put it on my ears and started listening to music. This headset didnt have that deep-rich SQ of my friend?s Bh503! This one sounded like listening to music in a bathroom/cave! I was really disappointed. Mind you,u can never tell the difference between the 'genuine' and the 'fake'by physical appearance, you have to 'listen' to it! Well, there was this small difference i noticed: the light of the LEDs on this headset 'spread' out so that the play/pause button seems to 'light-up' from within. This doesnt happen with 'genuine' BH503, probably owing to the cheap plastic used in the fake ones.

So dont go for the cheap ebay 'alternatives' even when they say its '100% OriginalNokia' / 'Genuine Nokia' ask if they provide warranty bill or whether the item comes with 'Nokia Warranty' / Manufacturer Warranty as opposed to 'Dealer Warranty'. Amazon provides genuine BH503 but it cost more,around Rs.5000 ,comes with Nokia Warranty. But its out-of-stock most often.

P.s : The ebay seller was ready to take back my headset and provide a refund 'if' my complaint was found 'genuine', @ the cost of return shipping which i had to bear. But luckily, i sold it to my neighbour for Rs1000 who was more than happy even after 'listening' to it.

Note: Recently, i came across a seller on ebay who claims his BH503 came in a 'sealed box', with warranty bill and 'Nokia India Warranty' of 3 months(this too comes in the same price range as my 'fake' ones), that means, i can take those headsets to any local Nokia showroom/ service centre for repair/complaints.
But i'm done with ebay, u cant fool a guy twice for the same reason!
Please use plain text.