Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What Bluetooth Drivers for BH-503 Stereo Headp...

Contributor

What Bluetooth Drivers for BH-503 Stereo Headphones

Hi,

I just recently purchased a BH-503 headphones and want to use them to listen to music off my laptop as well. I am currently using a bluetooth dongle with the free version of IVT Blue Soleil drivers (version 6), which works for connecting to PC Suite.

This free version has a 2 MB transfer limit on it and currently does not seem to send music through to the BH-503s through A2DP (HSP seems to work though).

My question is, does anyone know if the full version of the drivers work with the BH-503s. I'd like to avoid purchasing the drivers for nothing if it wont work with the headphones.

I'm running Windows XP Pro (SP3)

Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

Re: What Bluetooth Drivers for BH-503 Stereo Headphones

hi,

BT drivers, or most drivers for that matter are usually coming free with the device that it is developed for... in this regard, it looks like your problem is the Bluetooth dongle it self, it might not be supporting A2DP at all, BTW have you checked if there is any update to it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Got this working.

Actually, the dongle itself does not dictate compatibility with profiles (i.e. A2DP or AVRCP) it is purely software/driver dependant.

Microsoft bluetooth drivers do not support A2DP, therefore to listen to music through stereo headphones you must use Widcomm, BleuSoleil or Toshiba bluetooth drivers.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I have a  Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba, and I can't conect my Nokia BH-503 with my Laptop.

Could anybody help me on that?

Best regards 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kvmag

down this BT connection manager and install it, it does all the job..

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

got my bh-503 running on stereo mode on win7, probably on vista too

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
membribes

THANK YOU

FROM 

BRAZIL

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have tried what you propose but I can't install the application of Broadcom. My windows 7 refuses it...! Is there a way to bypass that ?

Thanks in advance !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i still cant fix .... anybody can help me?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pappu34

still having problem connecting bh503 with my pc

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BH503_headset

[ Edited ]

Guys,

I'm having the same problem with BH503 and WIN 7 OS. 

I am using generic bluetooth USB device, using Windows Update for the driver. The driver will not work with BH 503.

I installed this driver to make my BH-503 works with Win 7. You may get the driver from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ouvq5ebbmyf9qdy/Bluetooth_Driver.rar

Please use plain text.