Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

bh-501 and vista

bh-501 and vista

trying to connect bh-501 on my pc whith vista, i get through the connecting process until vista ask for a driver i cannot find anywhere on the web.
any idea ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: bh-501 and vista

18-Jun-200705:14 PM
nok999 wrote:
trying to connect bh-501 on my pc whith vista, i get through the connecting process until vista ask for a driver i cannot find anywhere on the web.
any idea ?

Hi,

Let me know the name of the driver

Regards,
Noker
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The program "Blue Soleil" has the necessary drivers ... but its not free :smileysad:

I am in the process of using it to allow me to connect my BH-501 headphones to XP (laptop) and Vista (destop)

Let me know how it goes ...

Cheers

Craig
Please use plain text.
srinivasaraokh

Hi..

For Pair the device.. follow the below steps.

1. Switch off the Bluetooth headset
2. Then Switch it on by hold both the Volume up key and the power on key together and press it untill u see the blue and red light glowing, once the red light glows.. it means your headset is ready for pairing.
3. search for the blue tooth devices from your laptop or PC, locate it and pair it.

4. If it is still not pairing or working. check out whether latest Bluetooth audio drivers are installed in your pc.
you can check this by going to the Device manager & Expand "Sound,Video & game controllers" and check out whether Bluetooth Stereo Audio drivers are installed.

5. If the drivers are not installed kindly and install it and try your luck..

Srinivas
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

i had the same problem with vista, somehow it can not find the driver, but i simply did more search and somehow it found one, i am now able to use my BT headsets with my hp-compaq laptop, the driver just pops up one day, it could happen to you... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi i did what you wrote but there is no sound i am missing something but i dont recal what it is.can you tell me that is the common thing to do to fix this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

hi van,

can you goto the control panel/sounds and make sure that your BT headset is the one selected... and then make sure it is not muted, fine at 1st boot will sometime be at mute...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks budy ,
I got connected my nokia BH-501 to my laptop. But there is one problem , speaker of my headphone is working fine but my mic is not working.it is shoiwng as mut.Do you have any solution ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Hi there, i hav got nokia bh 503 headset..was tryin to connect dem to my toshiba laptop wid Vista 32 bit OS. I hav got bluesoleil dongle and its bluesoleil 6 software. i paried d headphone and even connected to bluetooth AV audio..but wen i listen any song or try usin skype calls i cant hear a word on it..so anyone can plz plzz help me wid it..Reply awaited..ASAP..

Moderator note: E-mail address removed.
Message Edited by wildreamer on 02-Dec-2009 11:24 AM
Please use plain text.

Was there any sulotion to this problem because i have the same problem.  I have the BH-501 and have paired it with my laptop (Vista 32).  Under bluetooth devices i see the headset.  the headset is on but when i play music the laptop speakers play not the headset.

stephen

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
padauza

[ Edited ]

i have using windows 7, but there is the same problem, music listening is very good, but i can't use skype, becouse mic is not working, showing like 'mute', what can i do? thanx!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have edited and remove the email address that you have posted. We encourage user not to post personal details on the Nokia discussion boards. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kvmag

down this BT connection manager and install it, it does all the job..

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

got my bh-503 running on stereo mode on win7, probably on vista too

Please use plain text.