Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

headphone icon

Registered Member

headphone icon

The headphone icon has appeared on my phone and I cant get rid of it. It means that I cant speak on my phone unless I put it on loud speaker which is quite frankly embarrassing in public places!!!
Please help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

Re: headphone icon

What phone is it?
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

oh dear...its a.....nokia 2megapixel. thats what it says on the back....that doesnt help does it?
went into a phone shop yesterday and they said that it was obviously broken cos the headphone icon shouldnt appear unless the headphones are plugged in. **bleep** phone!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

Yeah it can be useful. It could be just playing up and not a hardware problem. You can either take out the baattery and read the model number or type *#0000# and tell us what it says. Different models can be reset but mainly the S60 phones. Good place to start though.
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Try plugging in some headphone doesn't matter what kind and then unplugg.
Regards, Brosh Michael
Please use plain text.

My 6230i is now doing the same, i cant even do a factory reset as ive forgotten the code
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have also the same problem... :smileysad: I have set the phone to factory defaults several times, pluged in and out the headphones with all possible combinations, i have updated the software, I have unassemblyed and assemblyed it again, but still no help.

This happened to me once earlyer too, but then it helped with resetting to factory settings.

I'm very confused :smileyfrustrated: ...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Try turning bluetooth off - i dont know if it is directly related but i did this and about 20seconds later it got rid of the connection. Probably connected to someone elses bluetooth headset or something...
Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I HAVE THE ANSWER!

Ingredients: Phone with headphone icon stuck on
Seperate phone
Nokia Headset

Stage 1.
Phone the mobile with the headset malfunction from the seperate phone.

Stage 2.
During the phonecall plug in the headset. You should be able to then talk using the headset, check that works...

Stage 3.
Unplug the headset, this should force the phone to accept that there is no headset. It should then work without the headset.

Stage 4.
Shout "HUZAH!" down the phone!

If it still doesnt work, repeat until light and fluffy.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Have the same prob - just tried the plug in plug out while taking a call idea and still nothing.
It seems that the phone will not recognise it when you remove the headphones (this is a Nokia 6300).

Any other ideas? There is surprisingly little about the headphones in any user manual.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Hi! I had the same problem this morning. I was worried that I might have *bleep* it up yesterday night by plugging the charger into the headphone jack... how stupid can a design be? Imagine a stereo where you can easily plug the power cord into the headphone connector.

Anyway that's what helped in my case:

**** Remove battery with phone being switched on ****

Message Edited by dazz19 on 15-May-2009 02:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheLord

[ Edited ]

I surrender to you "drfabulous"sir!!

i have tried all possible reste/format options.. all possible menu options.. pressing *+3+greenbutton+power button... and everything else..nothing worked!

But...but...but.... i kept the phone switched on and suddenly removed the battery and inserted after five minutes and... magic.. the headphone symbol is gone!!!

its party time now...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
satiros

just press at the bottom of the fasad (face) of the mobile and the icon disappears !!! magic!! regard

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrOtto

[ Edited ]

**** Remove battery with phone being switched on ****

this one solve the same case on my nokia asha 300

Please use plain text.