Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

2.5MM ADAPTER FOR NOKIA E66 to use a wired headset...

2.5MM ADAPTER FOR NOKIA E66 to use a wired headset WITH mic?

Hi, I am a bit new here.excuse me if this may be a dumb question. I recently bought an E66 phone. I HATE blue tooth..and I have owned the jawbone..a blueant that talks..plantronics voyager and so on. Simply my question is..IS there a 2.5mm adapater that will convert the needed 3 ring 2.5mm plug to the old fasioned 2 ring, 2.5mm plug on the older headsets WITH mic..alal a jabra, plantronics.or in my case a Shure quiet spot.

I DON'T want to use the phone mic..I want to be able to use the MIC built into the wired headset. Currently if I plug my 2 ring 2.5mm headset into the e66..thhe phone will output the audio, but the mic on headset will not work. I have looked everywhere and so far can't find such a stupid simple adapter..does anybody know of one? I am NOT looking to buy a new headset..and the Nokia wired headsets with dangling mics don't appeal to me. Thanks much!!!:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.

Re: 2.5MM ADAPTER FOR NOKIA E66 to use a wired headset WITH mic?

I can't follow from your description exactly what you are after, but if you do a search on ebay for "2.5mm 4 pole" you will find a wide range of adaptors that will plug into a 2.5mm 4-pole socket. Hopefully one of them will do what you want! If not, you can buy the plug & socket and make up your own lead eg Maplin.
Please use plain text.

Hi Thanks...Well, all I wanted was an adapater to plug the old style headsets in..that already have a mic on the headset. I thought there may be a link to a ready made one that JUST works..Anyway thanks much!:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

search for a hs-83 ad-83 combo. or something like that. so you will have both the 2.5mm jack with mic and keys also, and a standard 3.15mm output jack to be used with any headset you may wish :smileywink:
3650>6600>E51>N82>5800>n82>?
Please use plain text.

Hi Thanks...that may work..

Ohh, but sadly I returned my Nokia phone...and got a dopey iphone..So..guess I will never know if this solution may have worked. Thanks for your reply though..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.