Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: BH-505 - Good Stereo, bad talk

GKTheOne

BH-505 - Good Stereo, bad talk

Hooked up the BH-505 stero bluetooth headset to my iPhone 4.

Excellent stero, listening to music is fantasic - no shopper is safe from my dance moves.

However, when listening to a caller, and when the caller is listening to me, the sound is horrible. It comes across as static filled, broken and low volume (both sides of the conversation).

I've reset the headset, had the phone "forgot" the headset and re-paired, and my old HFP headset worked beautifully (can't remember make/model - it's not in front of me).

Any tips, solutions, things to try? Or should I just return the headset? (Sorry, keeping the phone - it's on contract)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Hi GKTheOne,

It seems like the iPhone 4 does not really like any Nokia attached into it :smileywink:

Aside from kidding, you mentioned that the call quality is static filled, broken and low volume. Could it be on the iPhone having signal issues? As we all know, iPhone 4 is prone to that especially when held.

For more reference, please refer to this page: http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/apac/phones/guides/Nokia_BH-505_APAC_UG_en.pdf

Good luck :smileyhappy:

nj15, that is a really poor answer. 
I have both a iPhone3G and iPhone4. This problem occurs most of the iPhone4. Its does not occur all the time, some days I have problems, some days I do not. Rebooting the phone appears to help. 
I'm sure it wont get fixed but I thought other iPhone users might like a more useful answer than providing a link to the manual

- What good was that once the phone is connected there is nothing else you can do.

Also the 4.02 iPhone update now enables the 505's track forward/ reply switch (left ear)

Please use plain text.
cyruspy

I'm seeing the same with a BH-505 connected to my Streak. The thing is, I don't remember the call sound being that bad at the beginning.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Phil2003

Exactly same problem here - listen to music is fine, but calling is horrible. Useless headset in combination with iPhone 4. 

Ive had similar issues with iPhone 3G. I cant believe apple couldnt fix this in 2(!) generations of iphone. Slap in the face.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vadivelanhtl

Yep..! u r obviously right. Recently i have bought BH-505. Really it's Rockzzzzz.....!:Cool: when this is working @ music playback mode. But it gets worst and i ever seen this kind of stupid device for voice support..:smileymad:

The horrible thing is, hope so we can't fix this hard ware issue.. If some has fixed this issue please let me know in which way i could overcome this.! 

Please use plain text.