Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: BH-505 Problem

Registered Member
renatoneves

Yes, i also bought it for running as it claims to be water resistant.  After one run, it stopped working.  very disappointed!!!!  i won't be buying anymore nokia products again.

Renato from Brazil.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vespinozalanyi

[ Edited ]

I had the exact same problem,.. but now i have to tell: I MADE THE SAME  YOU TOLD  FOR HARD RESETTING, AND THEY WORK AGAIN!!! Im very happy!

Friends,.. Do not throw to trash your headphones!! Do this in the exact same order and they will rise from the death!!  :smileyhappy:

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

We have edited your post as it mentions of the name of the software that only Nokia Care points are authorised to utilise. Please note that we do not allow this to be posted nor discussed on an official Nokia Forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

vespinozalanyi wrote:

I had the exact same problem,.. but now i have to tell: I MADE THE SAME  YOU TOLD  FOR HARD RESETTING, AND THEY WORK AGAIN!!! Im very happy!

Friends,.. Do not throw to trash your headphones!! Do this in the exact same order and they will rise from the death!!  :smileyhappy:

Don't be to happy with it, it's the starting of the problem. I did the hard reset too... but than it will happen again untill the headset can't even be reset anymore...

Like the rest these gonna be my last Nokia Product. No wonder Nokia Sales of product are coming down from time to time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnnycharmer

My headset has been lately making this weird loud noise everytime I place a phone call or answer an incoming call. I do not know why this has started happening. Surprisingly the stereo works fine. Can someone tell me the cause of this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wishmaker

I bought this headset in march and I've been using it ever since. I went to the gym with it never had any issues. Went to the gym today, listened to some music off my N8 for 1 hour, paused the music and removed my headset. 

After 20 minutes I decided to listen to some more music and it did not work anymore. I cannot turn it on, off or reset it. Also, it dialled numbers on its own :smileysad:. I plug in the charger and nothing happens. I try to reset, nothing happens. 

I wasted 50 pounds on this ... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zepp3lin

Wishmaker wrote:

I bought this headset in march and I've been using it ever since. I went to the gym with it never had any issues. Went to the gym today, listened to some music off my N8 for 1 hour, paused the music and removed my headset. 

After 20 minutes I decided to listen to some more music and it did not work anymore. I cannot turn it on, off or reset it. Also, it dialled numbers on its own :smileysad:. I plug in the charger and nothing happens. I try to reset, nothing happens. 

I wasted 50 pounds on this ... 

LOL...... told ya! It's my 5th set now and it's faulty again after my 3rd time use, damn! like u said it's really a waste of money......................

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VladG

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what to say here guys, lots of people have this problem it seems, and I've read about it on other forums but it hasen't happened to me

I've had my headsed for a week now and I've went biking a couple of times with them on, and while I'm a heavy sweater and have long hair that keeps the moisture around the headset for longer, they still work perfectly. 

Here's hoping I won't have any issues with them. If  I do have them, I'm considering wrapping them in cellophane for when I'm biking.

Interesting thing, there is no mention anywhere on the nokia website that this product has the IP 54 rating anymore.

Please use plain text.

Had the same problem. I just hope someone with Nokia Quality takes that seriously. Bought one set last year and it lasted about 4 months before the problems. Stuck buttons and completely shutting down. So I was an idiot and bought second one. It lasted one run :-( Then button are stuck - volume and especially the call button. And of course power. It is actually weird because I ran just one time, it was a sunny day and I was not even sweating. Mayby the headset just could not keep up with the running. But that is just substandard quality if that is the case.

Excellent headset - if it only would work. Hey Nokia - what is going on??? Could you just even try to keep up with the competition, please.

Please use plain text.
abiisrocking

hi. i also had this problem (buttons are not working.) i was frustrated to know that my headphone has stopped working. i tried several hard resests, kept it for a day without touching and i am a mad because in anger, i was trying to break it too. but thankfully, i remembered the internet(lol) and googled it. so many websites came. even this. but no answers. but there was several clues how to get rid of that problem. tried induvidually. did'nt worked for me. so i tried altogether. MAN! IT WORKED!!!. so please read this story to know that i think nokia's advertising is absolutely correct. because i jogged with it while it is raining a little. and with sweat too!.

but the joke is: i ran with it the next day while it is very hot. not a single drop of rain. and with a lil sweat. it ran very nice till i gone to sit in a chair out there. i tried to change my songs on my ipod touch. it did'nt. so i tried other buttons. did'nt. so i came to home and done several things as i said above. so i think it is not HEAT PROOF, SHOCK PROOF or MOISTURY AIR PROOF.(there was some moisture at that time). i suspect the 3rd one because: read the solution.

THE SOLUTION: ((WORKED FOR ME :smileyvery-happy:)) :

things you need:

silica gel (for fast relief) or hot sunlight which takes moisture.

the headset with problem.

and a zip bag or whatever. TO PUT SILICA GEL AND HEADSET INSIDE.

howto:

if you have silica gel with cover, please tear it and put all your gels in the cover you choosed. put your headset inside too.(make sure you have enough space for that.) keep it inside upto 2 to 3 days. take it on it. pair it to any devices and make sure your hands and head(hair too) is not moisturous. PLEASE DON'T PRESS ANY OTHER BUTTONS UNTIL YOU HAVE LISTENED SONGS UPTO 9 MINUTES. THEN USE THAT VOLUME ROCKER. IF IT WORKS. HURRAY! ALL ARE BACK.

and for the persons who have sun. (please don't do it if you have moist air there.)

just keep it where the sun's ray comes and where there is no moisture and humidity.

try it. as i said, if it turns on, pair, listen upto 9 mins. try volume, and voila.

(no moisture please.) if it did'nt, try silica with my intructions above.

IF NONE OF THAT WORKED FOR YOU, DO HARD RESETS. IF DID'NT GIVE IT TO YOUR PRIORITY STORE OR WHATEVER. OR SEE IF ANY OTHER WEBSITES GIVE SOLUTIONS. OR JUST BEAT IT! sorry for caps.

thankx.

Please use plain text.
muralichennai

[ Edited ]

Fully endorse your views.This equipment is very flimsy and cannot be IP54 or having any such ingress  protection as claimed. Another issue with its design is the odd manner in which it jutts from your neck backwards preventing you from lying back on a chair or an airline seat whereas a similar Sony or some other head set which is worn behind the neck snugly wraps around the back of your neck. I use this on treadmill for convenience of avoiding dangling wires through your neck. Mine went kaput on one side exactly from 7th month after their warranty period expired. I dont sweat much as I take a leasurely walk in the tread mill so there may not be any splash/water ingress .The left side earphone went dead and I lost control of volume which is now steady at one level.I live in Chennai in South India.Nokia aggressively markets its products in India,you can find "Nokia Priority Dealers"Nokia Care Centers "etc all over the city. I contacted a couple of them but they refused to accept it for a repair.Calling up a Nokia Customer Care their official spokesmen( presumably a call center, insulating them from all the ires you can throw at them ) I was  informed of a Nokia policy of not supporting such equipment after the warranty period.

Bottomline: We talk of sustainability ,environment and so on and now it dawns what is susatainability,so with this policy of not supporting equipments beyond warranty they make themselves sustainable for the future by making and selling more equipments and leave the sustainance of environment to god.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
infonacho

Thank you! It worked and now my headset is charging at least!

I did it before but not in this exact order...

Of course, i will use another pair of earphones in my next runs..

Please use plain text.
floB

I just bought that bh 505 headset today solely for voice chatting with friends thru skype. However, after getting it paired with my laptop, I only can use it to hear but not speak when placing a test call. I wonder if I have made anything wrong, or the sales girl gave me the wrong information that I can use it for any kind of bluetooth devices.

Hope you dont mind telling me if its compatible with skype and yahoo messenger, thank you so much!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lotec

I have the same BH-505 and I've been using it at the gym 2,5 hours a day for about a year now. Works perfect.I run about 1 hour on the treadmill so I'm not sweat free ..

I use the same headset at work, when I drive, listen too music and so on. The only thing I have noticed is I'm getting a supersmall crack in the headset. I think over time it will break or become so loose that I have to fix it somehow.

But I guess I will get at least 2 years of hard use.. maybe 3 if I insert some glue to prevent the crack. I've read online about a guy that filled a small syringe with epoxy glue and inserted it in a supersmall hole he drilled. That fixed the problem.

Did you guys get a new on warranty since it stopped working?

My friends have the same headset and they jog in the rain too. No problem.

I've also had one earbud that is a bit too lose. I dropped the headset to the store, and 5 minutes later it was fixed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hsevna

Is there any lock option in this device??

I got this item yesterday and all the options worked. But this morning when I tried, None of the keys are working.

Please let me know.

-Thanks,

Anvesh V.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kirandragon

i just broke my bh-505 near one of its arms.only the plastic panel broke but its working fine.can i find a new panel for that at nokia care?please any one help me.
Please use plain text.
erco

No lock option. A short circuit is the problem. there must have get some moisture in your device during the night. (sweat)

if you give it some time it will dry and start again after 5 or 6 days. But there is a lot of salt in sweat so the problem will come back very soon. If you do'nt want to wait this long, you can open up your device and solve the problem. That is the better way, because you this way you get rid of the salt! start with the right earplug. put your nail between the white and the black part of the cover (near the upside of the volume button) and open it. dont loose the little silver button and keep in mind how it was placed. That makes it easier when you want to reassemble your headphone again. when you have opened it you will see a lot of little wires connected to a white plug. take the plug out of the connector by using a small screwdriver or something else to push the plug out of the connector. or simply pull by the wires, but take care not to brake them. use a dentalbrush to clean the connectorplug and the connector itself. (also the inside) use some cleaning alcohol or contactspray to clean.

connect your phone to the adapter and give it a few minutes to recharge. do not yet plug in the connector again. try to power on your device. if this works power off again and connect the plug again. power on again. if it works you have solved the short circuit.(if the problem persist,try to clean better, or the problem is situated at the left side of your phone. in that case open the left side and do the same as discribed before).  best thing to do now is to use some silicon to make your device waterresistant. click the covers to each other and your done. succes!

Please use plain text.
stefanowen

thank you very much. the problem was solve with cotton swab and isoprol alcohol!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BPhin

I have the same problem too. The exchanged BH505 also stooped after the one run.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harrycha

I also facing the same issue. After I run for an hour at gym room ....the device "die" and cant turn on anymore ..

I just bought two days ago and spend my RM 250 (USD 80).....I look like spend a high price for bought a rubbish ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niksus

Absolutely same problem - new device - used less than five times. After a run buttons don't work and it is not possible to shutdown og reset the device.

Why does Nokia not reply to the comments in this blog?

Please use plain text.