Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: BH-940 Purity Pro disconnects on Windows 8

Contributor
gefaber
Accepted Solution

BH-940 Purity Pro disconnects on Windows 8

On Windows 8 I got the Purity Pro connected easily and fine via Bluetooth. I have one major problem though: Once I have played some audio (or video) and stop it (or it ends alone) and after a break start something else the Purity Pro disconnects in the exact same moment I start some other audio source playing. This doesn't always happen. But mostly, sometimes on every single audio start and then suddenly not for 10 more plays and then again on each single play.

So for example. I turn the Purity Pro on, it connects fine to Windows 8 because it has been paired. I watch one video on Youtube (first one works). After the first is over I try watching another one and on start the headphones are disconnected and I have to go to the sound settings to connect them again or have to turn them off and back on again.

I have another Bluetooth headset from Sony that doesn't show the same behavior on the same Windows 8 Ultrabook with an Intel Bluetooth chip. So I guess it must have something to do with the Purity Pro. On Android I haven't seen this behavior yet.

Please help me! It is very uncomfortable to use the Purity Pro like this and it would be a petty if I had to return it because of this.

Contributor
gefaber

Still no comment to my problem!?

Is there anybody using the Purity Pro on Windows 8 without problems? My notebook has the Ivy Bridge Chipset from Intel, so Bluetooth is a current Intel module. Are there problems with this maybe?

I really like the Purity Pro and don't want to get rid of them. But this problem is extremely annoying.

Contributor
gefaber

I was able to fix it myself. Windows 8 seems to handle drivers wrong somehow. I uninstalled all Wireless and Bluetooth Intel software and the Intel Bluetooth drivers and restarted Windows. Then Bluetooth showed a Microsoft driver to be installed but the problem still appeared. I also uninstalled this one as well and restarted. After the restart Bluetooth was still working but the problem was still there. So I unpaired the Purity Pro and restarted. After the restart it was paired again and the problem was still there. I unpaired again and restarted. Then the Purity Pro was gone, I paired it again, et voilà! Now it is working fine!

I don't know what actually fixed it, but just uninstall and unpair and and restart as long as possible seems to fix this problem if anyone ever runs into this.