Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: BH-940 Purity Pro problem, bluetooth.

Contributor
cobrac
Accepted Solution

BH-940 Purity Pro problem, bluetooth.

I bought the BH-940 for a couple a months ago, and they truly are a masterpiece in design and soundquality. But this morning the bluetooth suddenly stopped working (it was after I charged the headphones over a night). I have tried to push the bluetooth button underneath the right speaker, but it will not start (the button normally flashes blue when you push it). My Lumia 920 dont find my Purity Pro when I look in the bluetooth list of paired devices. I tried to remove the headphones from the paired list on my phone to try to re-connect it through NFC but they just "flashes" in the device list and dissappear.

I have full charge since the usb-connection LED glows clear green when I connect the USB charger.

I dont get any confirmation that the headphones has started because the prompt-voice isnt there. I have tried to hold <volume up> and the <bluetooth button> simultaionously to see if I accidential turned it off.

The ANC works fine. I can turn it off and on.

Due to the small amount of hits when I search for the problem on the google I assume I´m the only guy on the whole internet having this problem... :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
Ange1

I have a Lumia, which had an update last evening, and now today my hands free bluetooth does not connect with it. :smileysad:

Like you everything is fully charged and switched on, and the headset is showing on my list, but will not connect. :smileysad:

I have tried re-pairing it with the phone, but here at work there are so many bluetooth devices available that I think it might be safer for me to do this once I get home again! lol

I was wondering if it was the phone update that has a glitche with my headset. :smileysad:

Have you updated anything lately that could be causing your problems?

Contributor
cobrac

I cant really say for sure, but I think I havent. I will try to connect my luna headset when I get home to see if they still work. I also have a theori regarding the Purity Pro:

I use them as regular headphones with cable with my computer. If I turn off the headphones with the cable still in the headphones maybe they still "think" its connected through cable and dont activate the bluetooth.

Once I had them connected via bluetooth and tried to simultainously connect the regular 3.5mm cable and then they didnt work with my computer, but if I turned them off and put the cable in the headphones before I turned them on then they worked again. I will come back later when I have tried these things above mentioned.

Contributor
cobrac

Ok, now I have tested the cable and the Purity pro works flawless with my computer and i have tried to plug and unplug the 3.5mm cable without any result. The bluetooth dont work. Any suggestions what to do? Is there some kind of "hard reset" or "factory-default-button-combo". It should I just return them to the dealer and claim new ones?

Contributor
cobrac

By the way, other Nokia bluetooth units connects and work. This means the problem is with the Purity Pro headphones...
Contributor
cobrac

Alright, I have tried EVERYTHING and I solved it I think. At least it worked for me. It was quite tricky.

1. Connect the headphones with the a USB-charger and the 3.5mm cable.

2. Unfold up only ONE of the headphonerspeaker. Take a pen and push the little square button in the hinge of the headphone speaker (the one who is not folded). Make sure the little LED that tells you the battery charge level flashes (either green or yellow, if its red you need to charge the headphones) for about 10 sec.

3. Now browse to the Lumia 920's settings and choose bluetooth.

4. When the Purity Pro is shown in the bluetooth list try to connect. You will revieve a message that it wont connect. This is "normal" in this case.

5. Now the tricky part:

Try to connect your purity pro within your lumia and simultainously hold the <bluetooth button> + <multifunktion button> and pull out the 3.5mm cable. (the nose at the phone, both hands on the headphones and use your teeths to pull out the 3.5mm cable...)  This should be done while you have only one headphone speaker unfolded. If it works the speaker-prompt should be heared and your charger LED should flash (either in yellow or green).

6. Now fold both of the headphone speakers.

7. Pull out the USB-charger.

8. Unfold them and it should be up and running.

Note: This is most likely, not the correct procedure... but this was how I did it and it worked. Feel free to make it easier...

Registered Member
guilcorm

The reason why Bluetooth is not working is that your headphones think the 3.5 mm jack is plugged in. The way to fix that easily is to somehow clean the 3.5 mm input on your headphones. The way I did it is by plugging the jack in and out several times till I'd hear headset on, battery full. With your tricky thing, you probably just cleaned the inside of the plug and gotnit to work not knowing.

Registered Member
alcherk

[ Edited ]

It seems guilcorm's answer is the most correct. Only 3.5mm jack masturbat1ng helps. Just plug it in and out about 10-15 times and you will hear "Battery charged" and bluetooth is working again.

ambparker

I alsooooo have a Lumia, which had an update last evening, and now today my hands free bluetooth does not connect with it

Registered Member
Haalvor

[ Edited ]

Hi! 

I had the same problem. It wouldn't connect, and that due to, what i presume is, when had the headphones connected with the 3,5mm cord to my computer and i accidentaly snatched them out of the jack-input (**bleep**ing foot) while listening to music on my computer. Tried all the things written here without success.

All i had to do was plug the headset in the phone with the 3,5mm chord, then play a song (on spotify), then unplug the 3,5mm jack on the headset first, turn on pairing on the headset, turn on bluetooth on my Lumia 920, and then pair. 

(this was the next day, without charging the headset any more, without pressing any buttons or folding the one side of the headset, without masturb*ting the jack plug "battery on" etc)

I had my headset on this whole time!

This is a problem Nokia/monster REALLY should look into. 

Registered Member
proproblem

I have bought a Purity Pro. Beautiful phones, but I have problem med bluetooth. The sound quality switches between poor and high quality, when I listen wireless from my Sony Xperia arc S (TL18) phone. I have tried Spottify and TDC Play as musicsources, I have reinstalled my Sony, and I have tested 2 pairs of Purity Pro. Problems all the way. I have tested with another brand in headphone, and here is NO problems.I have talked with your support, who recommend me to buy a Nokia phone to solve the problem, because he did'nt know the answer. (Funny guy). As I have spend 2.000 dkk and like the design and (the good) soundquality, I look forward to at better solution. Can you help?

Contributor
tinouti

[ Edited ]

Hello !

I've used my Purity Pro in bluetooth mode with both my computer and my Lumia 920 for more than a year now, and I've never had a problem with it.

Since yesterday.

I plugged my Purity with the cable to play on my computer without the delay caused by the bluetooth, and since then, I can't make it work other than with the cable plugged in. When I open the Purity, the only thing I hear is the noise cancellation.

The headset doesn't speak at all anymore (it usually speak when I open it, or when it's waiting for a connexion), and I tried every key combinaisons (reseting connexions, activating/deactivating the talking, even just activating bluetooth doesn't work), but nothing seems to wake up my Purity. :smileysad:

I also tried both methods listed earlier (the weird - plug both, unfold one, press, unplug, etc - thing, and the "masturbate jack" technique) : no result.

Does anyone have another idea? I'm starting to loose hope...