Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth Passcode

Registered Member

Bluetooth Passcode

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I'm a bluetooth newbie and I wondered how to find out what my bluetooth passcode is?
Alternatvely, how do I get / set one?

Cheers,

J.

Message Edited by jacooper on 17-Sep-200707:57 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: Bluetooth Passcode

Try 0000 thats the default one.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Bluetooth Passcode

Only devices without a keypad (such as Bluetooth headsets) have a default Bluetooth passcode (or pairing code).

The phone has no defaults, but when pairing two Bluetooth devices, you enter the same code on both devices (and if the other one has a fixed passcode, then on your phone you enter whatever the fixed code is).

When it is a fixed code, it can be 0000, 1234 or whatever the device manufacturer decided (it can also vary for each individual device manufactured, too, in which case the code is usually printed on a separate sticker or paper).

The passcode is only used once to establish the Bluetooth encryption/decryption keys for the two devices to communicate. The code is not used thereafter by the devices when they talk to each other (and is not saved/stored, either).
Please use plain text.