Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Booklet looses hard drive/works hdd can't be seen.

Registered Member
winylka73

Booklet looses hard drive/works hdd can't be seen.

Hi! My booklet started to loose internal hdd Toshiba 1235GSL. It boots up fine,I can hear the quiet hdd scrubbing and than after 2,3 minutes of accessing hdd it freezes for a moment and after internal hdd can't be found in explorer. My hubby has determined that is chipset does not support sata by design only pata,and therefore there is intergrated transtator chip genesys GL831 on the mainboard wich is overheating and maybe needs to be replaced. Ofcorse booklet just went of warranty. My cousin also has the same exact problem. Is this some factory fault?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Booklet looses hard drive/works hdd can't be seen.

Hi winylka73

Welcome to the Nokia discussion boards!

If there is an issue with Nokia device hardware, it should always be taken to Nokia Care point. Where they can assist you further with your hard drive issue and any other issues that you may be having. 

Also, providing a proof of purchase would be handy in case any repair is needed.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
winylka73

Hey Hazey! The Nokia care point page you linked doen't even list booklet,only phones. I have been to nokia authorized service partner. They just want to replace the mobo and charge me 150 pounds for it, since booklet if of warranty. This is ridiculos they can't repair the mobo and they want pay me for my mobo,they just take it for free and charge me for a new one or repaired one. This is not an option, I got the booklet at a promotion sale for 100 pounds, and they want to sell me a mobo for 100 pounds. How ridiculos that souds? This is how ASC screw up people don't know anything about electronics. I have replaced GL831 and booklet works great. Total cost 2 pounds and half an hour time. Regards winylka
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hannibalw1

I has a similar issue but it was to do with some sort of malware that kept opening programs until the CPU surrendered after a few minutes and locked up the booklet.

As the HDD is so poor anyway I have taken the opportunity to install an SSD, which is a delight and overcomes a lot of the little frustrations I had with the machine.   

Please use plain text.