Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

CR-115 car holder and C6-01

Professor
bearshare
Accepted Solution

CR-115 car holder and C6-01

I have a Nokia CR-115 car holder, which I use with my 5530. It's a very good, compact and safe car holder, I like it a lot.

I intend to buy a C6-01 and accordingly to Nokia's site, the recommended car holder for this phone is the CR-114, not the CR-115

The only difference between CR-114 and CR-115 is the thickness of the phones they support. CR-114 is for phones with 8-18 mm and CR-115 is for phones with 8-13.

That said, I don't think there wil be any trouble if I use the C6-01 on a CR-115 car holder. C6-01 has 13.9 mm thickness, only 0.9 mm more than the theorical maximum of the CR-114 holder. I mean, since the CR-115 holder will grip most part of C6-01 thickness, I think it'll be OK.

What do you think?

Has anybody already used a CR-115 car holder with a phone with more then 13.0 mm thickness?

Professor
bearshare

Re: CR-115 car holder and C6-01

Nobody?

Professor
bearshare

Since nobody ever answered this post, I'll post my own experience.

Although Nokia recommends the use of a CR-114 holder for a C6-01, I have used my old CR-115 car holder for several days during a car trip, with no trouble. My C6-01 was allways firmely holded by the CR-115 holder.

Counsellor
Ikearat

I'm sorry no one replied to your post(s)... what you asked was a really good question.

I'm also glad you have tested the CR-115 and find it to be acceptable for the C6-01.

The CR-114 model is not available to USA customers without dealing with an over seas supplier.

As a result of your post, I'm going right over to Amazon.com and ordering a CR-115 holder.

Thank you sir!