Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Cannot connect bluetooth headset with laptop

Registered Member
hindenburg

Cannot connect bluetooth headset with laptop

Ok, the situation...

i would like to pair my Nokia BH-104 bluetooth headset with my HP laptop running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

I can pair the headset but the drivers are not installed correctly. It is decognzed as a Bluettoth Periphelial Device, but not as a headset. Updating the drivers fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sage

Re: Cannot connect bluetooth headset with laptop

Here are instructions on how to install the driver. They are for Vista, but works fine on my W7 32bit.

http://blog.komeil.com/2009/05/installing-bluetooth-headset-in-windows.html

Registered Member
mahiee007

hey there

If you still have  the problem, I can guide you.

HOW TO CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO WIN7:

1. go to devices and printers. delete your bluetooth device which in this case is NOKIA BH-503.

(to delete the device, just right click on it and choose remove device)

2. click on the bluetooth icon in your tray bar located on the lower right side of your desktop, and then choose ADD DEVICE

3. turn on your device (push the call botton untill it the blue light start to blink )

4. now, you can see in ADD DEVICE window that win7 has detected your device, click on it

5. two case may occur:

5.a. it will connect without any further question

5.b. it may ask you to enter the pair code which is the second option and i recommend you to do so and enter 0000 as it is written in the manual.

6.now your device is connected to your computer with a delay. BUT YOU NEED TO DO FURTHER CONFIGURATION IN ORDER TO USE IT AS A GOOD EARPHONE.

REMEMBER: while win7 wants to install your device, a balloon will appear at tray icon which indicates INSTALLING DEVICE DRIVER SOFTWARE, click on it and when the window opens, click on the SKIP OBTAINING DRIVER SOFTWARE FROM WINDOWS... (to this for section 6 and 7)

7. again open the devices and printers from start icon, double click on the NOKIA BH-503, its property window will open, go to SERVICE tab, and check all the boxes. the importent one is HEADSET box. again the balloon will apear and again do as i said in REMEMBER part.

8. now open CONTROL PANEL from start icon, change the VIEW BY from CATEGORY to LARGE ICONS (this view by is located at the upper right of the control panel window), then find the SOUND icon, and the double click on it.

8. click on HEADSET EARPHONE and the click on SET DEFAULT,

now you can yous your BH-503 as an earphone and it is fantastic

In addition, YES, you can connect this device to two device but one of the should use your BH-503 as an earphone and the other as a head set. I did it with my laptop and HTC HD2.

After doing as I said, for your win7, your BH-503 will service you as an earphon, now you can set your cell phone with the headset part of your BH-503, just go to bluetooth setting of your cell phone and find BH-503 and connet to it. now you can hear music with your laptop connected to BH-503 and simultaneously if your cell phone ring, you can answer your call.

Registered Member
KVS4U

TRY USING WIDCOMM BLUE TOOTH DRIVER FROM BROADCOM CORPORATION IT WORKED FOR ME

IN WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE