Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: DVB-H Mobile TV Headset N8

Advisor
ebenf
Accepted Solution

DVB-H Mobile TV Headset N8

I am unable to get a Nokia Mobile TV Headset.

Looked online in most of the Europe Nokia sites, and most South African distributors.

Where can one purchase one (anywhere in the world)?

Please use plain text.
Professor

Is such an item available?

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

Yes:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/wired-headsets/nokia-mobi...

On paper at least, since I've looked at most online shops and unable to order.

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

Thanks

I had not realised what the item until I saw your link.

It seems quite incredible that something should be displayed on one part of the Nokia website but when for example you go to the online shop, it comes up with item not found!

I wonder if there is some form of aerial in the lead because the buttons on it just appear to be the same as those on the standard earpiece supplied with a Nokia phone.

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

There is additional hardware in the headset, need for the N8 (and some other nokias with symbian^3).

We in South Africa has the DVB-H (mobile tv, no network data) signal in some cities, provided by www.DSTVMoblie.com, but alas, can't find the hardware although mentioned by the signal provider and and Nokia. Very, very sad!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
luke7777

Get your Service Provider to order it from Celcom. Got my thru NashuaMobile at R580

http://www.celcom.co.za/p-650-nokia-mobile-tv-headset-dvb-h.aspx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

Was able to buy the headset from Celcom diretly (telephonically).

Got the Mobile TV app from OVI and was up and running immediately.

Works 100%, I'm very impressed with device (N8) and DTSV-Moblie.

Thanks for the advice luke7777

Please use plain text.
spacyzuma

I got a friend of mine to buy it for me from South Africa.

I stay in Abuja, Nigeria and have a N8 running PR1.2.

My problem is that I've been unable to install the Mobile TV app on my N8. I've tried everything, formatted several times, even tried signing the app, but it always show me an UPDATE ERROR.

I used the *#7370# code to format it.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Would really appreciate your  reponse and help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ezeemeka

There is no store in Lagos that has the Mobile TV Headset DVB-H for Nokia N8. So I bought Nokia Mobile TV Receiver SU-33W from SLOT in Lagos. It connected well but I've been waiting endlessly to receive confirmation for request for usage rights. Meanwhile, when I bought my N8, the application was not pre-installed but after updating to the latest firmware using Nokia Software Updater, I found the application installed. I will advise you update your phone to the latest software. How much did your friend bought the Mobile TV Headset DVB-H in South Africa. I need one for my personal use. My mobile nos are: 08033077104 or 08029496630. Regards. Eze.
Please use plain text.
spacyzuma

Well, I did a hard reset on the N8, and was finally able to install the MobileTv app. I've been enjoying dstv for the past weeks.

There's a thread on Nairaland where we gather to discuss it [http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-258468.99999.html#bot]

It was the guy called Ceejay80s who ordered them from south africa and sold it to me and another guy. You can contact him from that thread.

Please use plain text.
Wasiu25

how much is nokia mobile tv dvb-h at nigeria
Please use plain text.
Wasiu25

were can i get it this mobile tv headset dvb-h at nigeria
Please use plain text.
Wasiu25

how can i contact him
Please use plain text.
GamerBob

[ Edited ]

does this headset also work as the dab radio antener?

And does it work with the new E7?

Please use plain text.
samjizzle05

Can't seem to get the headset anywhere in lagos. Plzzzzzz wld appreciate any info as 2 where ΐ cld get 2 buy.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonardo

cheek here....
takealot.com/electronics/nokia-mobile-tv-headset-dvb-h,9764851
we in nigeria have it but too costly, and dstv nigeria has not anounce it. So i don't like after buying it and it will not work so let me wait till they anounce it,,,,.
Earth is not my home,.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonardo

are u a nairalander???
Earth is not my home,.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonardo

[ Edited ]

just called one GALLAS COMMINACATION LTD in nigeria whew i buy my E6 and they have it so call me to connect u to them...

did u find dis information helpful

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Please be informed that personal/contact information are not allowed to be posted in a public forum like this due to security and privacy reasons.

Earth is not my home,.
Please use plain text.
seamate

Yes, it is. There is a list all you want about the best Nokia phones for web browsing at http://www.netcashforum.com
Please use plain text.