Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 memory card?

Counsellor
hey2

E52 memory card?

My nokia e52 include a 2GB memory but when i check the file manager it has only 1.3GB so my question is how can i know which program does take the other 600mb?how many megabytes does nokia e52 needs for its C default system? I ask this because i want to delete some files that i dont need to free up some space but i dont know which files or application is ok to delete and which is not? Hope your help thank you,

NOKIA E52-1
RM-469
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: E52 memory card?

Do you have any mapping for OVI Maps application installed? Remember there won't be a full 2.0GB available on a brand new memory card, it will show about 1.8GB instead.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hey2

mapping whats that?yes i know that it wont be exactly 2GB but my memory only show 1.3GB where's the other 500mb?please help
NOKIA E52-1
RM-469
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

hey2 wrote:
mapping whats that?yes i know that it wont be exactly 2GB but my memory only show 1.3GB where's the other 500mb?please help

OVI Maps application if utilised creates a folder E:\CITIES where regional maps would be stored.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hey2

Heres my memory details:

Memory in use 734MB
Free memory 1147MB
Calendar 0 B
Contacts 127 B
Messages 0 B
Images 1237 KB
Sound files 3687 KB
Video clips 5940 KB
Documents 142 KB
MIDD apps 8 KB
Sis application 36 MB
Other files 688 MB

where can i locate that to delete some files that i dont need?
NOKIA E52-1
RM-469
Please use plain text.