Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to connect blue tooth headset NOKIA e71

Registered Member

How to connect blue tooth headset NOKIA e71

Hi, I have a Jabra blue tooth headset and would like to connect this to my Nokia e71, I have been through all the obvious menu items, will appreciate any assistance, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: How to connect blue tooth headset NOKIA e71

I can't find how to search for bluetooth devices either,

I want to bond my nokia bluetooth headset and pair it, but I can't find a way to get it to scan.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I may be stating the obvious here but have you tried the jabra website http://jabra.pairx.co.uk/
It gives advice on most Jabra B/T Headset pairings.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm using a nokia headset,

I just can't find the menu on the E71 that says "search for device"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem today trying to connect a headset. I found the answer on an American discussion forum - at least it solved my problem!

The answer is, once you reach the screen where you can switch bluetooth on/off (amongst other things) you use the Scroll Key to scroll right to find another set of options. One of these is the one I needed to start the pairing, I found.

Hope this helps.

PS: It's a pity the manual is so unhelpful in areas such as this. I have yet to find the place where it tells you that there are more menus available than the first one that appears. Just one of my many problems with the operation of what should be a very good phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks oxleymike, for sending me off in the right direction, they did not have my phone listed on the site but they did respond to my email and gave the following:

Pairing Instructions:

1. Please ensure that the Headset is OFF, i.e the blue light is not flashing.

2. Press and hold the answer/end button until you see a solid blue light (approximately 8 seconds), then release.

3. Set your phone to “discover” the headset by following your phone's instruction guide. Typically, the steps involved going to a “setup”, “connect”, or “Bluetooth” menu on your phone and then selecting the option to “discover” a Bluetooth device.

4. When your phone finds the “Jabra BT125”, it asks if you want to pair with it. Confirm this by selecting “yes” or “ok”.

5. When your phone asks for a passkey, enter “0000” (4 zeros) from your keypad and then press “yes” or “ok”.

(Note: Pairing must be done every time the Headset establishes a link with a different mobile phone or other Bluetooth compatible device)

many thanks mobiledude
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

if i may add, just goto to the paired devices menu again and select your bluetooth headset (or any other bluetooth devices for that matter) and press option (left soft button) and select "set as authorized".

this will enable your BT headset device to connect automatically every time you turn it on, and will not require your authorization or simply another button press
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

In Bluetooth settings do the following
1. On Bluetooth First option select On
2. Using your Navi Scrool key Tracking pad panright
3.The top menulet will change and a new screen will be presented
4. Click Options on the left and Bob's you uncle

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

blue tooth connection to Tom Tom

Can anyone help please?

I am trying to blue tooth connect my Nokia E71 to my TomTom Go 730.

It all worked quite smoothly for a while.

Now whether I use the phone to try and connect, or the TomTom - they just refuse to acknowledge each other.

Thanks ++

PS The tip about scrolling to the right was brilliant! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: blue tooth connection to Tom Tom

I have the same problem. It kept asking for confirming the connection. Then I used the tip from here re the extended menu and making Nokia authorized. Nothing worked. I deleted all entries on Nokia and tomtom and started again. It says "error in checking you phone features" . Very frustrating. Failed ot pair after many attempts. Any help?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
michelm

I just bought a new E71 and can not find the Search for Devices on Bluetooth

who can help?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you!!!

You should get hired by Nokia to rewiev their manuels :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sushiljain

i faced a lot of problem while searching for  this bluetooth conection option. its very tough to understand this phone's operations.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Employee

From the main menu just go to "Connection" -> "Bluetooth"

Make sure Bluetooth is set to "ON"

Then move one to the right (with the cursor key). Here you see all paired devices. 

Now select "Options" and "new paired device". If device you want to pair is not in the list then select "more devices"

Now search should start.

Good luck .-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jesuslives

I did as you say, and it seemed to work,but not cause now when it says voice dial and I give the name it crashes the phone (turns off than on. It did work once. Hmmm, If I figure it out I will post it.

Thanks-Jim

cardigan wrote:

From the main menu just go to "Connection" -> "Bluetooth"

Make sure Bluetooth is set to "ON"

Then move one to the right (with the cursor key). Here you see all paired devices. 

Now select "Options" and "new paired device". If device you want to pair is not in the list then select "more devices"

Now search should start.

Good luck .-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Santhu415

enter 0000 for code and say ok it works
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tmotech

I have an E73 which is similar to the E71.  Try this:  Menu>Ctrl. panel>Connectivity>Bluetooth   At the top you will see a Bluetooth icon and a wrench.  Slide to the right and it will show paired devices. Select the "Option" key at the lower left corner below the display.  That will open the menu for new paired device and other options.

I hope that helps.  (It was a pita for me. The Nokia site was not very intuitive.)

tmotech

Please use plain text.