Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is there a chat client for the N800

Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Is there a chat client for the N800

HEllo,

I just bought the N800 and am quite pleased with it, however, I need a chat client. Preferably one that is multi-protocol. If anyone knows of one, free or not, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Been there done that but to be honest this site is not for the normal user. It is a developer site for developers.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The site is, but the new downloads catalog my link leads you to is very simple in my opinion. Did you try it?

What was hard about browsing the application categories there, or using the search box on the left?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Let me clarify a bit more. Sorry. I have a pretty decent understanding about computers and applications, however the community seems to be designed around people that are familiar with it and the set up of the N800. Anyway, someone on the site was nice enough to understand this and provided me with the help and info that I need to set up my device. Thanks for your "help".

Cheers.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Good that someone else was able to "help" you. I don't have an N800, so I was only able to point you to the place where you can find all the available N800 applications.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

What client did you find. Please do tell!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
darla

I myself had issues getting information on this when I first got my tablet.

I've created a walkthrough to install GAIM Instant Messenger on the N800.

http://darlamack.blogs.com/darlamack/2007/02/installing_gaim_1.html

(mods, if I'm not allowed to post this than my apologies and please remove the link.)
Phones: N95 8GB NAM, N82, N81 8gb, N95-3, Pink N95-1, Pink N73, N75, N90
Nokia N810 and N800 Internet Tablets
Please use plain text.