Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

List of Nokia Lumia 820 Compatible MicroSD Cards

swil

List of Nokia Lumia 820 Compatible MicroSD Cards

Quote from page 29 on the Nokia Lumia 820 user guide that comes in the box with the phone: "Use only compatible memory cards approved for use with this device. Incompatible cards may damage the card and the device and corrupt data stored on the card".

The guide doesn't list the "compatible" or "approved" cards for the device, or provide any insight on how to find them (well, there are a few links to www.nokia.com/support, however I haven't found a list of these cards on this site, just a bunch of people complaining about feeling ripped off for buying an incompatible MicroSD card).

Can anybody point me to this list if it exists or create it please? Preferably I would like somebody from Nokia to post an official list, however if anybody has bought a card that's working (or not working), please clearly indicate the model, brand, and perhaps model number of the card and whether it works or not with the Nokia Lumia 820 so a preliminary (and perhaps close to complete soon) list can be compiled.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: List of Nokia Lumia 820 Compatible MicroSD Cards

from what've read, you'd be safe with any card that isn't Class 10, so any Class 2, Class 4, Class 6 up to 64GB from a reputable brand such as SanDisk or Lexar. One to definitely stay away from is Transcend.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brad0111

I have just found out I was using a Class 10 SanDisk microsdhc card, and am concerned that I may have done damage to my phone and/or music collection (as per Nokia guidelines). Is anyone able to tell me what the chances are that this will have damaged them, and if there's anything I can do to rectify? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i dont believe that it would have done any major damage, just that it may not work. i would invest in a cheaper card, and trust me, there's not much to worry about ok :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mazzaro67

Not trying to bash Nokia, but I fully agree. Where is the list of compatible Micro SD cards? What is Nokia doing to correct the incompatibility with the new faster Class 10 Micro SD cards? My 64GB Sandisk Ultra works well in a Symbian Nokia N6, but not a Lumia 820?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
radan

32gb Kingston class 10 works 100% as it should! Got detected on its first insertion and never got lost, stores and plays videos w/o any problems as well as the mp3s! Im so happy to be able to say so about my new "40 gigs 820" after all the stuff Ive read! :-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

glad to hear a happy camper :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.