Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MEMORY CARD CLASS ISSUE

Counsellor
swirls
Accepted Solution

MEMORY CARD CLASS ISSUE

hi guys,

Is anyone knows the classes of memory cards?

how can I know if it is class 4 or higher?

What is the indicator or mark on card?

Please let me know..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@swirls

2, 4, 6 or 10

Upon Sandisk there is numeral at corner as per screenshot:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

What about my MMC card, there's no indicator or mark. Please see atachment.

That MMC card is included in the Nokia phone sales package of my friend.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@swirls

Nokia MU-37 2GB microSD is Class 4 as shown in resource, but there is no Nokia logo upon one in your screenshot:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/memory-car...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

alright.
one more question, what is the recommended class when playing video with out freeze at all?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

Hi..i have microsdhc 4gb,class 4..i have many problems with my memory card,i have x2-01..1.it shows double-2 files in music player..2.when i download any app or game & try to move them to any folder of memory card,it says name allready exists or name already exists in target folder**..(all issues with memory card..some games or apps i able to move & some not)..plz tell is it software problem or memory card is defective...also tell which class of memory card i should use & which microsd,microsdhc or sandisk or any other..plz help...i frustrated with this...(before i have microsd 2gb..same problems with that..)..plz help..any help will be appreciated..thanks...!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

Before I encountered that issue, I think there are some corrupted files stored in your device and MMC, try to re install or update your firmware
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

then format also your MMC:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Swirls,

Thanks for your post. If you take a look at the link below there's an in-depth explanation on the memory cards and what the different class ratings mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_Class_Rating

In regards to how you would know what class the card is, it is normally indicated on the packaging the memory card comes in.

Hope this clarifies this for you.

Kind Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

Hi sir...thanks 4 replying...but i already say that..i did everything...re-installed it's firmware from nokia care many times...but no use..i also format my memory card..but result nothing..now i have 2 options1.i wait for it's next update..if my problem solve in it's next update..fine..if not 2.can i return it to nokia care(it's about 9 months from date of purchase) or i will sell it...!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

I think so,

Wait for the next update then if no changes go to the NCP for further evaluation
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

tnx Raoul,

tnx for the info:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

What is ncp..?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Love1526 wrote:
What is ncp..?

Nokia Care Point

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

Oh...ok...thanks,1 more question...can i return back my phone to nokia care(it's still under warranty..about 9 months)..i have many problems with it or they replace it...thanks..!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Love1526,

If it is determined the unit is faulty , Nokia care point with either repair or replace the unit depending on which is the more viable option.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swirls

:smileyhappy:You can return your phone within it's warranty period, but the replacement I think is not possible

Please use plain text.