Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Medianmaster 221T

Registered Member

Medianmaster 221T

Does anyone know what to do - we have a digibox which has decided to go mad! The lights on the front panel flash green from left to right and the 2 red lights flash together - has anyone else had this problem. We have had problems with the box freezing in the past.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Re: Medianmaster 221T

Hi Wosters!

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussion!

Do both the LED's flash green then red?

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Mediamaster 221T

Hi Karim,

Thanks for your message - yes both LEDs flash green (1st one then the other - on a left, right, left, right, etc sequence - this is followed by both LEDs flashing red at the same time. Hope that's clear

Wosters
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

i used to have a 221T that had this problem. i called nokia for help on it and they told me that this pattern indicates an error with the box itself. i was given an address to send the box off to to get it repaired but i never acted on it ( i got sky as it was on offer at the time). i guess if you call nokia they will give you the address they gave me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi sister_bliss

Thanks for this. I have just been to COMET and bought another box! A Sagem ITD72. I spent 10 mins on the support line waiting to get through to NOKIA for support but no answer - I could have been waiting hours. I think I'll e-mail them to check it out though as a spare box may be worth having. The Sagem seems very good though - quicker than the NOKIA.

wosters
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem with my 221T and the Nokia email support form does not work, seems to be an outdated link!

Anyway here is my question:

My 221T does not pass the digital signal to the TV anymore. It does switch on and I do get the screen "No Signal". Left light is green and right light is red. I have upgraded my SW to 1.5 to try and solve it but that did not help either. What can it be?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi again,

Persistency pays. Found a newer version of the software somewhere on the web and the box works again now. Doesn't even seem to freeze anymore which it did for the last year and a half.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem as some of your owners. The red lights flash alternately for several seconds and then the green lights do likewise and then both reds flash togetherthen stop and the same thing repeats itself about one minute later.The serial number is C137214 3495 4 and was purchased in Jan 2004.I also had the unit freeze on occasions. It would appearthat there could be a latent defect in he software which would make "not fit for purpose" in terms of the sale of goods act.I bought this unit as a best buy as recommended by Which but as a member I am tempted to report my findings to them. hughgibson@btinternet.com
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

not fit for purpose?

so you wait over two years before you try and tell someone? and even then you just tell us?

why dont you call nokia instead?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]
Hi Hughgibson,

You can find the support pages for the 221T here:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144432

Latest sw for 221T in UK:
http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,77502,00.html

All the software available for it can be found on this site, as well as the user guides and links to customer support.

Cheers
-
Karim

edited: links updated.

Message Edited by vandelay on 01-Aug-2006
07:54 PM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Perhaps it's too late to add this question to this thread, however I'm reluctant to start a new one.

I want to check that I have the latest software on my Mediamaster as we've been having a lot of problems with it freezing recently and, having displayed a green-tinged picture for a few days, it eventually stopped displaying any picture at all. We switched it off and stopped using it but I tried it again today and it's working - at least as well as it was before when we just had the freezing problems.

I think the latest software version is 1.1.5 but when I download the file, it is called 1_5 and I can't help wondering if it is actually a newer one than 1.1.5? Since I have a Mac, it would be a 'round-the-houses', borrowing a friend's PC for a day job, so I want to make sure it's actually worthwhile before I go and do that! Can anyone tell me whether it is 1.1.5 which is the current up-to-date software, in which case I already have that? I'd be most grateful.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Karim, Several days ago I downloaded the latest software (1.1.5) for the UK from
http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,77502,00.html but the link to the "Guide to Installing Software 1.1.5" is broken as the target URL does not exist! I have been to and fro with your support people by e-mail to try and get a copy of this "Guide to Installing Software 1.1.5" and eventually the response was "With regard to your recent email, we can advise that unfortunately due to the age of this product Nokia are no longer continuing support for these devices on the web site." Can anybody tell me how to install this software? Or, if they are not supporting it on the web, where are they supporting it? Phil
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi merlinsmum and hcidata, I have the 1_5 version which is the last official version. Nokia has sent a 1_62 version to some clients, which was never supported. I found it on a message board somewhere in the UK. I do believe that 1.1.5 and 1_5 are the same. Just sloppiness by somebody at Nokia probably.
The installation process is that you connect your 221T to your computer. I have used a 9-pin cable. Then you run the serial server software and it installs the upgrade on your box. I have a copy of the user guide that walks you though the process. If you want a copy manual and/or the software let me know and I'll forward it to you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Unfortunately the above link to the latest software does not work. The support site sends you forwards and backwards between two Nokia web pages. Very disappointing for the many UK Mediamaster 221T owners.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi dutchhel, can I take you up on the offer of the software and loading instructions, please, as the web site is not customer friendly over any of this. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

upgraded to latest version 1.6.2, better than the original software, but after a promising start with dvb its a shame that nokia let there user base down in the UK. I will not purchase another mobile from nokia afetr this experience, because once windows mobile and blackberry are outselling nokia phones they will probably abandon there user base once again
Please use plain text.
syandupa

man,just help me.................iam new here,and i have failed to get where to post my worry...kindly do it for me!
i have a nokia mediamaster 9660s that i was trying to load software to when all over sudden it went basarck.Whenever i put it on It currently shows 00:00,odl,13386,E256 then SELF that keeps blinking continueously! Is there any one to help me with the restting?? i have tried to get help in uganda where i come from but all in vain!!
Please use plain text.
syandupa

i have a nokia mediamaster 9660s that i was trying to load software to when all over sudden it went basarck.Whenever i put it on It currently shows 00:00,odl,13386,E256 then SELF that keeps blinking continueously! Is there any one to help me with the restting?? i have tried to get help in uganda where i come from but all in vain!!
Please use plain text.