Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Memory card is locked

Registered Member

Memory card is locked

Hi all, recently i upgraded my phone software for 6280, after i have insert the memory card, several times it could not be seen, in the end the phone read it, but it was looking locked, despite i never set a password for my memory card, i tried a memory card reader the pc could not see it, i tried on another 6280 it could not see as well, on N73 it looked locked. could you please help.
Please use plain text.

Re: Memory card is locked

I have just upgraded my N73 to V3.0638.0.0.1. I first backed up my phone memory to the memory card. The upgrade went through smoothly. The phone restarted, and then I restored my phone from the memory card and that all worked fine. I then switched off my phone and when I switched it back on again the memory card is locked, despite never having set a password. This must surely be a bug that Nokia know about. I have no idea what the password it since I never set one. Can someone please offer a solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I updated my software yesterday and had precisely the same problem

ive tried putting my memory card into card readers to back it all up as i dont want to loose whats on it at all so then i can format it and put it all back on later

but my memory card isnt being read by any card readers now which makes me think it corrupts your memory card as it reads as being 0bytes max size and after a long time trying to open it says its not formated would i like to format it now?

i see this as being entirely nokias fault so far..

Im using a 1GB memory card from play.com (thier own brand) and have had no problems to date with it.. i wouldnt of even needed to update the software at all if it didnt take litterally 2-3 mins to send a text so once again a fault of nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello I have the same problem - updated software and now the memory card is locked. Nokia Please Help!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yeah same problem here!!! Nokia better it get it sorted ASAP!
Please use plain text.

Hi
I have just upgraded my Nokia e60 to software 3.0633.09.04 and I also have the same problem-my memory hard is locked, however I have never set up a password for this. NOKIA please help us ASAP!!!!
Thanks
Mariusz
Please use plain text.

Hi,
I have just formated my memory card from phone's menu and restored all data by PC Suite. It looks that everything is OK but If I did not save may data on computer I would lost it!!!!

Please, Nokia do something with this auto-locking memory card software!!!

Good luck
Please use plain text.

hi

the 1GB memory card on my 6280 has locked after i set a password for it. the card can not be seen on the phone or on a pc, is there a way to get it working again or has setting a password killed it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem:

I've send my 6280 (without memory card) for repairing the screen and then received it with new screen and software upgrade. Bad mistake. Now memory card is locked! Please Nokia, help us!!!

Regards Stefan
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Unfortunately lots of people have this problem, you just have to joined the queue. I have searched the web and forums hours and days without finding a solution.

I think this is not nice of Nokia, at least they can put something on the updater to ask people to check their memory card to see if it is locked or not before updating.......!

I not optimistic but let's see if there is a real wizard out there with a solution.

A.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

e50 card lock problem solved..you do not need format your card and use your all datas again.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=19813
Please use plain text.

I have just updated my N95. I backed everything up as directed by the Nokia Software Updater programme, then proceeded to update the phone with ease. The problem only appeared when the phone had finished updating and it re-started. Once updated the phone is as it was when brand new, ie: you have to enter your country, time and date etc. then mine came up, "Memory Card Locked Enter Password". I have NEVER set a password. I searched the forums, (like everyone else before me and found no solution, also like evryone else!). I decided to try formatting the memory card, and you guessed it, it worked, but this obvioulsy meant that I lost EVERYTHING in my phone! Contacts, texts, emails, pictures, documents, absolutely everything. My phone is now just a shell!
I have not read anywhere in ANY pre-update documentation that tells you to remove your memory card once you have backed it up, but I am guessing that is what you MUST do to avoid this catastrophe!
Come on Nokia, get a grip, you have been suffering massively for years against Sony Ericsson, Samsung, and even Motorola, it's high time you got your act together before you lose out completely. Read the forums Mr Nokia, everyone is totally fed up with your sub-standard not properly tested, rushed into production products! I for one am off back to Sony Ericsson for some decent reliability.
Please use plain text.
michael_n80

thats right !
i aggree with smokeysmoo! this is unacceptable!
a note to the nokia guys:
'' Before you give a product for use , maybe you should try it first and check for problems. And find a way to help people fix the problems you caused to their cell phones!!!''

Hey, does anyone of you knows if i am doing right to format my memory card an fix the problem by doing the backup again?

any reply would be acceptable and very helpful!
pls help...!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I recently bougth nokia 6300 and inserted Memory card 512 MB from previous model of Nokia 5200 it shows memory card locked and no reading data from it... pls help as how to unlock i have not given any passwrd earlier.

ankush
Please use plain text.

09-Mar-2007 09:55 AM
philc wrote:
I have just upgraded my N73 to V3.0638.0.0.1. I first backed up my phone memory to the memory card. The upgrade went through smoothly. The phone restarted, and then I restored my phone from the memory card and that all worked fine. I then switched off my phone and when I switched it back on again the memory card is locked, despite never having set a password. This must surely be a bug that Nokia know about. I have no idea what the password it since I never set one. Can someone please offer a solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

or of course nokia could GROW A FEW BRAIN CELLS and add an additional warning that it may block your memory card and so that you should backup THAT TOO, i had this problem with my N70 and that was the only factor that made me hesitate when getting my N95

totaly paranoid when i was forced to update my phone since it stopped telling me i had new messages i backed up all 1.5gb of my memory card before updating my phone, and even made sure it was removed first

i checked the forums prior and seeing n95's had that possible issue too i was reluctant to do it but had little choice and luckily it worked this time but nokia obviously doesnt give a rats **bleep** about this problem as i posted on this issue something stupid like over a year ago and theyve done jack about it

the only thing i can suggest is always backup your memory card as after the incident i couldnt even use a card reader to access the information and advise everyone you know with a nokia to backup EVERYTHING before doing an update since theres an obvious truth and pattern

NOKIA DOESNT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!

JUST MONEY!!!! :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have the same problem on a Nokia 6110 Navigator. I cannot believe how quite Nokia is about this. At least let us know if you are working on the problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

you'd be lucky! lol

check the date of the first post and see how long ago THIS topic first brought it up and see how LITTLE they've done bout it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Pls dont tell me you are all waiting on a reply since 2006 !!!????
Seems i have same problem. I sent back my kid phone Nokia 6233 for repair but WITHOUT the memory card. When back repaired, i put the card back into the phone and now it request a password to read it despite my kid never set any password before.
Please, dont tell me i have to wait another 2 years to get an advice on how to read that memory card again.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Claude
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

put simply you WONT get advice from nokia.. the only thing ive gathered to try is to use a card reader to backup the memory card.. but my memory card didnt work period after.. could read it at all.. but some have been able to use it after formatting it..

as for it not working after being repaired its because when it goes to the repair center the first thing they do is update the software (which has is the sole cause of why we are all reading this) i lost everything from my n73 memory card after updating it.. the only thing i can suggest is as already mentioned the card reader
Please use plain text.