Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Memory card not formatted

Registered Member
teari_miri

Memory card not formatted

Hi there

Just recently my memory card is now telling me it is not formatted after working well. It asks if i want to format the memory card and i say yes but it says operation failed and now i cant use the memory card to store anything. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this problem, i have done the whole take everything apart and let it reset but no change. Suggestions are very welcome.

thanks

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Memory card not formatted

The memory card itself could well be faulty.

Try it with a card reader on your computer, or try another card in your phone. Both cards and card readers are very inexpensive nowadays, and purchasing one or the other will certainly allow you to determine whether it's the card or the phone that's faulty here.

If you get a card reader, make sure it's SDHC-compatible if your memory card is 4GB or greater.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Advisor
anuragsamson

Re: Memory card not formatted

[ Edited ]

Hi plz check your mmc with other handset if u found that ur mmc work fine so it's a prob from ur handset. The mmc ic of your hand set is not working so u can change your handset mmc ic after change the mmc ic ur set n it's mmc work fine

MMC=Multimedia Memory card