Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 headset after update belle

Registered Member
ngocthuylinh

N8 headset after update belle

I am already update Belle for two days. However, the headset WH-701 cannot use anymore. Before Belle, with Anna, my headset could be used in music only, but could not in video. What problem with my headset, I just got this phone for two months.

Do I need to buy a new one? Which one will be best for N8?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi ngocthuylinh,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions! The headset should work with N8, no matter if it's Anna or Belle. Try these actions to get it working:

Try the earphones with another device, to make sure they work. Try other earphones with the device, to make sure it works.

If the earphones does not work, take them to Nokia Care point (please check the user manual for warranty period). If the device does not work, try the next steps:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Phone > Accessories > Try different settings.

2. Make a back up with Nokia Suite. Type in *#7780# = soft reset, no data lost. If it's still the same, type in *#7370# = hard reset, phone memory will be wiped. Restore back up.

3 If it still doesn't work, take it to the Care point.

Hope you get the music flowing again!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
me_Naveed

hey every one!...i updated my Nokia x7 from Anna to Belle...now i'm getting a problem that my Handsfree is not working on my x7 symbian belle....my handsfree is working on other devices perfectly but my cell is not picking it....Can someone help me???/can i downgrade to Symbian Anna again???

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@me_Naveed

If this about Bluetooth HF, then please reset the hands free as instructed in the user guide.

Please remove the paired device from the X7: Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > open the Paired devices tab > Long press the device > Delete.

Pair the devices. If it does not work, or it's not a Bluetooth HF, please follow the process in my earlier post.

Hope you get it to work!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Simon_Wilson

I've tried a soft reset but my N8 with belle still doesn't recognised either my headset or the 3.5mm connection to my car HiFi. What should I do now?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Simon_Wilson,

Welcome to the forum! Please try the hard reset as instructed in my earlier post. You can also reinstall the phone software. The process is the same as when updating with Nokia Suite, but at the end select "Reinstall".

If nothing helps, then take the phone to the nearest Nokia Care point, the link can be found from my earlier post as well. Hope you get it fixed!

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Simon_Wilson

Thanks for the advice. I've now done a hard reset on my N8 and reinstalled Belle. I lost all my apps but still no output to:

• Headphones.
  • Headset.
  • Car (3.5mm to 3.5mm).

I once got the message "Accessory Not Recognised", but only once. I would strongly advise others to avoid the hard-reset option, as this deletes everything and unfortunately doesn't resolve the problem.

Update: My wife has an N8 and I've just tested it - same problem, different accessories.

What should I do next? I'd be grateful for any advice you could give me.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting did not do the trick. If you have done the troubleshoot I have provided in this thread, then the last option is to take the devices to your local Nokia Care point and let their staff inspect them. Take a back up with Nokia Suite before taking the devices to the Care point.

The applications that have been downloaded from Nokia Store, can be re-downloaded from Nokia Strore > My stuff.

Hope you get the devices working again!

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Simon_Wilson

Hi.

Unfortunately "re-flashing" belle at the Carepoint has not resolved the problem on my N8. I don't know what to do next. I've done 3 soft- and 4 hard-resets. Clearly there's a problem with the Belle operating system as this error has occured on both handsets.

What do you propose I do now?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
mansimoes

I had the same problem with my Nokia E-7: after installing Belle, my headphones were not detected by the phone.

The Radio seems to confirm it by falling to detect the headphones while they are on. 

There are no problems with my headphones. They work with other devices.

What is Nokia doing about it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amithrag

Care point said they can be of no help since belle has this inherent problem. please suggest my next step.

Please use plain text.
aayushtandon

I have the same problem, No hard reset or soft reset does the trick. It is obviously an OS problem and it is severely troubling. I even tried to connect my computer speakers to the 3.5mm port but with no avail. Those speakers have their own power source so the phone should atleast detect it, but nothing happens, even with every possible accessory setting. No headset is deteced, be it a Nokia or a non-Nokia product.

Please use plain text.
moode_unknown

[ Edited ]

Hi ... when i updated my X7-00 to symbian belle the headphones stopped working !!! and there is no theme effects !!! what is this ? I stil waiting for an update and there is nothing ... Is this a chat room or what ? nokia should reply like other companies ... yesterday I was thinking about changing my phone ... but I can't because I like my nokia...

Please use plain text.
sactor

[ Edited ]

I also have this problem on my E7-00. Actually headphones that have only TRS jack plugs (tip, ring, sleeve) seem to work just fine, but headsets that usually tend to have TRRS jack plugs (tip, ring, ring, sleeve) do not work. This includes also Nokia headsets, which is mind blowing.

I have confirmed this bug with two different headsets: Nokia WH-205 and Klipsch Image S4i, these both have TRRS jack plugs. All the TRS regular head/earphones I've tried have worked.

Edit: Oh and of course both of those WH-205 and Image S4i work perfectly with other devices (non-Belle/non-Nokia).

E7-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

Same problem here. After Nokia Belle update on my N8 I cannot conect it with external speakers and Nokia headphones don't work properly. I hear the music, but it's like only 30% - it's like jack isn't plugged properly. I played with it and only when I force it in it sounds normal, when I let go it's again echo, like listening behind the wall.

Headphones are fine, tested. It's after the update!

I'm very dissapointed.

Please use plain text.
Onotseike

One question. At the end of the update to belle did any of you delete the folder in the mass memory tagged "nokia belle"?

If yes I think that is where your problems lie. I also had the same problem with my e7 once. Tried everything save the care center. Then I finally replaced the folder and the headphones started working. And I also believe the happen malfunction is prone to only TRRS headphones. Plus nokia check the settings for both belle and the headphones

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ledlauzis

Hi!

Just tried my WH-701 earphones with Belle and had a problem that only left speaker works, right one is mute either for radio or music player. Controls work properly.

Is there some information when can we expect OS patch to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asm21m

No success with hard / soft reset, and by seeing the discussions / experience of others, it seems it would be just waste of time with the care point option

Nokia Support team -- please, It is almost six months now since belle release...We definitely need an update pack for N8 now to rectify all the issues with this incomplete version of the OS. we waited for the update in Q1, Hope to see the update soon that will prove that Nokia really cares and values for our money else we are only left with regretting on our decision on the belle update or buying nokia phone model 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n8jgb

[ Edited ]

Your existing Nokia headset should work without any fuss.  Even my old headset WH-102 has no problem with the Belle upgrade on the N8.  Check the insulation on the male plug, it should be touching the phone's body, and should produce a loud click when it is properly plugged in.  A lot of protective casing being sold in the market have a small headset hole that prevents the plug from fully plugged in.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n8jgb

"...it should be touching the phone's body..."

On the WH-102 it should be touching the phone's body.

On the WH-701 it should be almost touching the phone's body.

Please use plain text.