Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 high capacity extended life battery?

Contributor
WhosThere

N8 high capacity extended life battery?

Hello

as all N8 users know, the standard 1200 mAh battery is not powerful enough. Two questions for you:

- where can I buy a higher-capacity, reliable battery?

- has anyone used the following 1500 mAh battery (no English brand name) which is currently on sale at ecrater.co.uk:

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/13538311/1500mahhigh-capacitybattery-for-nokia-bl4d-n97#

Thanks for your feedback.

(Btw, I know that replacing the N8's battery yourself voids the warranty)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N8 high capacity extended life battery?

@WhosThere

Interestingly MugenPower declined to proceed in this direction with information here:http://mugen.tv/2011/08/n8-extension/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
WhosThere

Thanks, @aspergerguy

"we (Mugen) concluded that the phone itself can be damaged if we extend the cells".
That is interesting - first time I've ever heard of that for a phone. I'll run it past ecrater.co.uk and post any response.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
WhosThere

Just got a reply from BestDealForYou via eCrater:

"Well in my information it works whit (sic) Nokia N8 i checked.
BestDealForYou"

Not convincing, imo.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi WhosThere,

Please keep in mind that replacing the battery yourself in Nokia N8 will void the warranty of the device. Also discussing the methods how to do that or otherwise modify the hardware or the software of device is not allowed on Nokia Discussions. Please refer to the forum Guidelines.

For the best performance on your Nokia phone, always make sure to purchase an original Nokia battery from a reliable, Nokia-authorized store. Please have a look at this link: Batteries.

Regards,

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
WhosThere

Hi Jampe I presume you work for Nokia as you haven't read the original post: "(Btw, I know that replacing the N8's battery yourself voids the warranty)"
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Sorry I missed the last sentence of the first post indeed, but the information in my last post is meant for other people reading this thread as well. 

The only battery you can use with any sealed Nokia device is the original battery type, and it has to be changed in Nokia Care point.

Discussing other methods of changing the battery, or using some other battery than the original, is not allowed on the Nokia Discussion forum as it will void the warranty and possibly damage the device.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia can you see how many problems are you give us with your phones with this bad batteries you build.
Build to all your phones higher capacity batteries.
And when i say higher i Dont mean from the 1.200mAh to build 1.300 or 1.400mAh but batteries with 3.600mAh.
I have tired to charge more than 2 times or 3 times per day my phones.
Nokia start building higher capacity batteries N O W ! ! !

Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

Higher capacity battery = bigger physical size = larger phone. Do you really want to go backwards in terms of smartphone evolution?

And what is it you do on your phone that neccessitates 3 charges a day???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Akash4125

You better get off a chinese handset. Which provide 30-days backup.
Nokia handsets can give up a 1-1.5 days backup only. And that's ok with moderate use. That's what i think.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hahahi20

I think you should really check your settings in your phone.

In a day of heavy use, my battery only drops down to 60 procent. With heavy use I mean:
40 mins of video
90 minutes of music trough headset
40 minutes bluetooth stream to nokia play 360
40 minutes of internet
and alot of checking email and the time
Nokia 2310>Nokia N95 8gb>Nokia N8>Nokia N900>Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lipa90

YES  Bigger battery  is better !!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.