Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N800 connection and network errors galore

Registered Member

N800 connection and network errors galore

Hi. I just purchased an N800 and am having all sorts of trouble connecting to WLANs. My Apple Base Station and all other WLANs in the area usually don't show up and I get a "No connections available." When I do see and select them, including my own WLAN, I get an "network connection error." I tried to manually set the IP address, etc. for my WLAN, and when it did show up, which was not always (still no connections available) I did, apparently, connect, but soon get a "Network problem."

In another part of town, I had no trouble seeing locked and unlocked WLANS, but when I attempted to connect to (several different) unlocked ones, I always got a "network connection error. Anybody know what was going on. Phone support was useless. They ended up telling me that Nokia didn't support Apple.

Any thoughts?

Z.

Re: N800 connection and network errors galore

I noticed the same problem myself. I keep flashing my N800 to the latest version (4.2007.26.8 by now), but the problem is still there:

I connect to my home wlan (the access point is 7 feet away) which uses a WPA-PSK string for security. Everything works fine until I walk away to do something, then by the time I come back an hour or so later, I get "Network Connection Error". Yet the laptop which was sitting right next to it has no problems at all.

The only annoying workaround that I've found is to select the connections, and tell the N800 that I want to connect to "another" access point, select the same one that I was using, and things work again, for a while.

This workaround is a lot better than rebooting, which was my first try, until I came up with the latter approach.

I have no clue what the problem is, but based on this (and the lack of support for displaying Asian languages) I cannot recommend the device to my friends.
Contributor

I really wish I knew what was going on with this as well, I have the same problem. I wish I knew what there was to do to fix it... I'm also disappointed that it is doing this because I can connect to all other networks besides my own just fine, because mine is protected! bah! is there any way to fix this?
Mobile Sensei

My N800 has no trouble staying on the net all day long. Using a Netgear WLAN access point.