Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

No sound in speakers

Registered Member
mateuszekk

No sound in speakers

Hi,

since couple of weeks my built-in speakers in Nokia Booklet 3g don't work, when I plug-in headphones into jack or watch movie via HDMI cable, sound is there. Could you please help?

I purchased Nokia in USA in November so warranty should be still there, but I'm in Poland right now so I'm not sure how to proceed?

Mateusz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mcnh

Re: No sound in speakers

i have exactly the same problem with my Nokia Booklet 3G... and I am in Hong Kong...

Please use plain text.
stringer

Hi all! I'm new here.

I have the same issue with my Booklet. I bought it just 1 week ago. The 2 speakers were OK after the first setup of the preinstalled WIndows 7 Starter. About 15 minutes later, when I listened some sample music included in this Windows 7 version, a notice appeared on the screen telling that something put in the audio jack! In fact, I jus listen to the music with WIndows Media Pkayer straight fron the 2 speakers of the Booklet and didn't put anything into the 3.5mm audio jack. After the notice appeared, the music stopped abruptly and no sound came from the speakers any more.

I 've tried with the included Nokia  headset and HDMI port. The audio out worked OK. But no sound from the Booklet's built-in speakers! I uninstalled the audio driver from the Booklet and installed the new driver download from the Nokia support website here and nothing changed! After that, I did a clean install of WIndows 7 with all the supported drivers and the speakers still have no sound! Audio out from 3,5mm jack and HDMI still work.

Please help if you could. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
alzaeem80

Its OK it happened to me and installed a new  version for the  soundcard and now its better

phones i have 2730c - C1
KUDOS ME IF YOU FIND MY ANSWERS HELP FULL
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mateuszekk

could you please share what driver have you installed? maybe link would be helpful

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clayer

i need driver too

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

clayer wrote:

i need driver too

Hi you can obtain drivers by using these methods below:

Go to START/Orb> in the "search programs and files" field, type Windows Update and if it appears click on it> Go to the left pane and click Check Updates> and check for optional updates

Go to START/Orb> Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Under Devices and Printers, choose Device Manager> Then select and drag-down, Sound, video and game controllers> If there is a device present below it, right click and choose Update Driver Software - wait for Windows Update to finish the upgrade then restart.

If the above steps did not work

Good luck

mcnh wrote:

i have exactly the same problem with my Nokia Booklet 3G... and I am in Hong Kong...

I also havent' sound on left speaker. When I repaired in Hong Kong, they make a hole on aluminum case after replacing the speaker. I waiting for about two week to replace the aluminum case. The Customer Service are impolite. Before this problem happened, the main board damage that it cannot power on. I bought this machine 3 months only!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avianinfluenza

No sound

If a picture is transfered into a flat panel TV through an HDMI port,

No sound from TV????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hemantkamat

Just had the same problem. Internal speakers were working fine until yesterday. Today, there's no sound. Headphones & HDMI are working.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hemantkamat

Had a call with Nokia support. They suspect that the headphone plug sensor may have failed. Unfortunately, the entire motherboard needs to be replaced, and I'm not too keen on having the Booklet opened. Thinking about splurging on a pair of bluetooth speakers instead. Could anyone recommend the Nokia MD-7W?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hemantkamat

Apparently this problem is common throughout other laptop makes having onboard Realtek HD Audio. I was able to verify a registry tweak to bypass the headphone plug sensor:

1) First, update to the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs for Win7. This will also install the Realtek HD Audio Manager

2) Start RegEdit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3) There is an enumerated sequence of sub-keys from 0000 to 0007

4) Search for the one that has a sub-key named "Settings". This key has a value named "ForceDisableJD" with a value set (probably) to "00", double click it and change to "01"

5) Restart your Booklet

Ta-da! You should get sound playing through the internal speakers.

Unfortunately, with this tweak, plugging in headphones will not disable the internal speakers, so use at your discretion. 

Please use plain text.