Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5230 not charging via USB

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5230 not charging via USB

I have a Nokia 5230 phone and I tryed to connecti it via USB. I can connect pc suite everything is ok. But it will not charge. Does anyone have the same issue? Or any solution for this?

I'm not sure that this feature is available on 5230. Can anyone confirms this feature.

Thnx  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Nokia 5230 not charging via USB

The 5230 does not support USB charging.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
sabbatical

THANK YOU for clarifying that and can I just add BEWARE because Amazon has a seller Bargain Cell selling a GTMax $1.99 mini-usb purportedly for the 5230...I know I know, too good to be true, but I had actually HEARD that it wouldn't charge through the usb but the picture is very deceiving.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CNSXG0/ref=oss_product

Ships from BarainCell through amazon.

13800 Live Oak Ave

Baldwin Park, CA  91706

Just called and they are mailing me an alternative no charge and said to keep the other. Fair enuf.

Please use plain text.
porkstu

That's funny, because if you look up the 5230 device and areas that the pc suite supports it shows that it does infact charge via usb connectivity cable CA-101 but I too haven't had any luck in doing so!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
leloco94

oops... do you mean that I can't connect my 5230 to my PC to make any software updating, that I can't transfer any pictures from the phone to the PC via the cable 101 ? nor via PC suite nor via Ovi suite ?  thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
duke9606

i purchased a bluetooth that uses the same size charge fitting thus i can charge the nokia 5230 by the usb hub.

Please use plain text.