Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6070 Charger

Nokia 6070 Charger

Wich is right charger for 6070? I read that is AC3 or AC4 but my phone come with ACP-12E (with charger adapter). Is it good recharging battery with this one or I must bought another one?
Mobile Sensei

Re: Nokia 6070 Charger

The 6070 support pages list AC-3 and AC-4 (if that's where you read about that):
http://europe.nokia.com/accessorieslink?s=6070

Then, the ACP-12E page does not list the 6070 among compatible devices:
http://www.europe.nokia.com/accessorieslink?s=ACP-12E

I have no idea, if ACP-12E will still work or not despite what the above pages say.

Did you buy a new phone from a retail store and the ACP-12E was in the sales package, or did you buy it from eBay or something (where someone might have switched the charger either accidentally or deliberately)?

I buy it in retail store. It works with ACP-12E, but batery life is about 1 day,with normal use (no radio etc.). Do you know what is output voltage on AC-3 or AC-4, because on ACP-12E is 5,7V (800ma), but batery inside phone (5L-5B) is 3.7V?
Professor
megadodo

ACP-12 is fine to use, the rated voltage from the charger is correct. The adaptor just allows the wide charger plug to fit the newer narrow sockets. The phones internal circuitry controls the voltage and current delivered to the battery NOT the charger. You have the better option as the charger will work with the older phones (should you have any) as well.
The only issue would be is that if the documentation that came with the phone states the other charger then I suspect the phone is not new (i.e. refurb or second hand)or imported from Europe or worse still from outside Europe which would give you warranty issues!