Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6234 and Audi A6 car

Contributor

Nokia 6234 and Audi A6 car

I have the 6234 and a Audi A6 car and the phone is connected via BT to the car, exporting the phone numbers stored in the mobile and sim so that i can access them from the car display (MMI).
Unfortunately, i do not know for what reason, quite often the BT connection between car and phone get lost and i need to switch the BT off and than on to reconnect. Of course this is quite annoying since it happens too often.
Since i cannot change the car, i'd like to buy a new Nokia but i need it to support the exporting address to the car Multi Media Interface. I have test some Nokia phones (N73 and N70 and also 6230i) but with none of them i can access the addresses stored in the phone/sim from the car MMI. I can phone but i need to access the addresses
So, what is a reliable phone with a good BT that can be used with my car and allow me to use the phone numbers stored in the phone/sim via the Multi Media Interface of the Audi A6?
thanks
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6234 and Audi A6 car

Ok, here how it goes, the best source to advise you about this issue is the source that put this car kit together i.e. Audi. This is for the reason that they usually test these systems with different models of phones. They know which components have been included and what BT version is being used. In relation to the phone that you are using at present I advise you to restore the fact settings and check that you have the latest software version available to your phone model and network. To restore fact settings – type *#7780# from the standby mode depending on your model you may have to choose settings only and create a security code or use the default one 12345. For checking software version please follow this link and the instruction therein. http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4777089
Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

Re: Nokia 6234 and Audi A6 car

I had this problem with my Audi and Nokia 6300

Have you had the software updated by Audi on the unit?

I had mine done and the control unit replaced under warranty. Problem solved..

I think their Bluetooth unit is made by Becker and is pretty much prone to these 'issues' (At leat that's what I rread on an Audi owners forum).

I wouldn't rush out to change your phone just yet!