Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 8800 Carbon arte label

Registered Member
dabaka

Nokia 8800 Carbon arte label

Hello,does anyone knows if a geniune carbon arte has a label written in french?

Like mine says made in korea and i know its the real deal for a fact as i got it from mobile operator.But now i see one that says: "Fabrique en coree" and above is the Nokia corporation.The strange thing about it that its has benn bought from a luxury shop that even sells Vertu phones for the full retail price so I am kind of confused here

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

I have found several people here in my hometown trying to sell fake 8800's too. I have found that there are threads on the Internet that say the real ones were made in Korea, but as always you cannot be sure. However, there is a fantastic website here: http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr

Just enter the IMEI of the device, and it will tell you whether its valid or not. There have been some IMEI's that it doesn't have on its database, but these are few and far between. I use this as a tool to check that phones bought are real and not fake. I would also check if the phone is stolen or not, by checking your region's databases.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dabaka

Well I dont think the numbering plan database can say its 100% authentic.And about being stolen that impossible to trace where i live.But thanks anyways

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Numbering Plan database gets its info from when the phones are manufactured and off the factory line, so it is pretty much 100% authentic. Those are just some measures I have suggested to ensure that you don't get ripped off and sold a fake product. All the best in your phone hunting travels :smileyhappy:.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
aahaid

I just wanted to ask few things regarding the Bluetooth supplied with
Nokia
8800 Carbon Arte.  The bluetooth BH 209, type: HS-89 W, no:

0694755748511803490. This Bluetooth doesn’t have the Nokia Plate in Carbon

matching with the phone but the Nokia plate is black in color., while few of

my friends have carbon Bluetooth with matching nokia carbon plate on
it.

Have I been supplied the old Nokia 8800 arte Bluetooth rather then
the
carbon Bluetooth?

I bought the phone over Ebay, It is made in Korea and when i connect via cable to PC, it gives me 3 options, PC Suit, Data storage etc..PC suite does recognise the phone.. so it looks genuine..

Please use plain text.