Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia BH-905i: over the ear cushion pads?

CharlyAR

Nokia BH-905i: over the ear cushion pads?

Hi,

I'm a happy owner of Nokia BH-905i headsets. I have to say I bought them with some reluctancy but I was never more satisfied with something I bought. Working with my computer or my phone most of the time I have to say they are great.

Anyway, the thing is I tend to use them quite a lot. And the on-the-ear design sometimes becomes uncomfortable. And AFAI Nokia is not planing on releasing a new headset with these specifications (bluetooth, noise cancelling, portable, etc).

Do anybody knows if over-the-ear cushion pads can be adapted? For what I can tell the cushion pads are glued to the body. Am I right?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

What Nokia announces is basically what you're gonna get. No leaks or speculation possible. Think there were some Monster Purity HD headsets released a few months back that is closest to what you desire.

Modification or disassembly of your device can lead to voiding of warranty or hardware damage, so we are not at liberty to advise you on such matters, sorry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
CharlyAR

Your reply is disappointing in so many ways.

1. I expected some other users would be in the same situation as mine. I think is quite probably. I didn't expect professional support instructions for something is not supported.
2. Also, cushion pads are not "modification" since you can replace them as you like.
3. You really don't contribute _anything_ to the thread.
4. Basically you're saying "talk to the hand". The entire post is just a no-go.

But above all...

5. If you don't have nothing to say, then please don't say nothing.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Have you considered Nokia's new Purity Pro Headset? It's on the ear, wireless, designed for comfort, portable (as it folds up) and has active noise cancellation. 

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/bh-940/

I've had a quick google and not found anyone talking about adapting the cushions on your headset so it looks like it either can't be done or no one has tried that kind of modification. Perhaps you could be the brave person that tries it and blogs about it for others to read? My guess is with it being an expensive product is that no one has dared to do it. You can buy earpads for other headsets on ebay so you may find some that suit there, but obviously it's entirely at your own risk.

Sadly due to the forum rules the users here aren't allowed to discuss or assist in any form of modification or disassembly outside of what is covered in the user guide so I wish you luck if you try it!

Please use plain text.
CharlyAR

Hi,

No, I didn't see that model. I only knew of the "wired" ones. They look promising. It's not the design I prefer (I like the old one better). But they look comfortable and portable enough...

Thanks!

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Spadelug

I also have bh-905 not the i version, and really enjoy them, I feel the same, wish they had been available with over the ear version, as using them at work they fall off, or when more active, I had bought bh-505 and was quite happy with them for work, but it's not the same sound quality, and they had some problems sound disappeared on one side at times. Had also begun looking at monster purity pro. I used mine with my nokia n9 had n900 before that, in fact have had nokia since around early 90's have just changed to iPhone 5, but still use n9, mostly because being older, I love my iPad bigger viewing area and liked to be able to use same apps on both devices, think its a real shame that the Linux os was dropped......think that was a major mistake..
Please use plain text.